Saints defense shows some exotic looks in nickel and dime packages (1 Viewer)

lol ya, do u know is he? because he didnt run with the 1's or 2's.

I loved the Hawthorne signing when we first got him, but if he is injured going into the season maybe it's time to move away from him and that contract. He wasn't healthy pretty much all last season, he even admitted it.

I loved the Hawthorne signing when we first got him, but if he is injured going into the season maybe it's time to move away from him and that contract. He wasn't healthy pretty much all last season, he even admitted it.

agreed, if hawthorne cant get it together im a full supporter of cutting him and either starting vilma or Tez at WILB with galette and victor butler at olb. I think tez would be a monster WILB, he has the size for the middle and speed to chase down RB's on the weakside.

by the way are u raising the bar from hornets report?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the word "exotic" should be used in any context of a man's contact sport. Save the name for the strip clubs and come up with something else to describe defensive packages.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that the team seems to be taking well to Ryan's philosophy which seems to be 3G style without the crazy!

The meaning of exotic.

Exotic | Define Exotic at Dictionary.com

of foreign origin or character; not native; introduced from abroad, but not fully naturalized or acclimatized: exotic foods; exotic plants.
2. strikingly unusual or strange in effect or appearance: an exotic hairstyle.

3. of a uniquely new or experimental nature: exotic weapons.

4. of, pertaining to, or involving stripteasing: the exotic clubs where strippers are featured.

I think the writer was referring to the foreign character meaning. I also believe that referring to strip clubs is used in the wrong context. The word should be "erotic" instead of "exotic".

I'll never forget the hurting that Rob Ryan's defense put on us when he was with the Browns back in 2010... I bet Payton never forgot either.

They used a TON of shuffling around, and very "exotic" looks to confuse our O-Line, and I have to say it was extremely effective. Although that game will probably be remembered for the couple of "trick" plays the Browns decided to put into the game-plan, I still don't think they would have won without the pressure they were able to put on Drew.

I personally can't wait to see Galette, Vilma, Lofton, and Butler in action.... all shuffling around pre-snap at the line of scrimmage! Here's a link to a pretty good breakdown from NFL.com of that particular game:

Playbook: Browns vs. Saints recap - NFL Videos

Not sure if I'm a fan of the all standing front 7. Might cause some temporary confusion but you've still got to rush past large men who've already won the leverage battle.

Not sure if I'm a fan of the standing front 7. Might cause some temporary confusion but you've still got to rush past large men who've already won the leverage battle.

This Is True. And some Guys Use Leverage To Get To ThE QB...Smith And Jordan.

I Would Prefer A 2-4-5 With Hicks/SmitH And Jordan As The 3-Tech.

We Will rarely Use Psycho

I don't want to sound mean, but imagine a tortoise walking erect only with its hind legs. That's how fast Will Smith seems to me playing OLB.

I think the tortoise might have a faster reaction to the snap.

No disrespect to Will Smith, the Saints organization, and every great Saints fan out there.

I think the tortoise might have a faster reaction to the snap.

No disrespect to Will Smith, the Saints orgainzation, and its fans.

"Hey, Will. I think you're slower than a tortoise. But, no disrespect, my man! Cuz, you know, I think the world of tortoises."

:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom