Saints defense stat lines last 3 games reminds me of the Dome Patrol days (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
8.3 ppg

241 ypg

4.2 yards per play (nfl best)

44 rushes, 109 yds, 36 ypg, 2.5 ypc

65-114, 57.0%, 688 yds, 229 ypg, 1 TD, 7 Int, 52.1 QB Rating

13 sacks, 74 yds

10-39 3rd down conversions, 25.6%

Redzone TD conversion 1-5, 20%

TOP advantage 33:29-26:31

The includes playing 2 of the top 6 offenses in football at the time.

Last edited:
It’s only going to get better a lot of people hated in MJ, PRob and CJ in the beginning I said relax. This defense has to much talent simply players not playing to there strength . Last 3 wks since the bye Dennis has learned to let the boys play and stop trying to fit into his idea and just let them play to there strength this is the result 💰 along with Dline rotation

8.3 ppg

241 ypg

13 sacks, 74 yds

Kwon has been an incredible addition. Man has it helped us out on the pass game.

This was my thought exactly!.. personnel-wise, the only difference that stands out immediately is the 3-4 (then) vs. the 4-3 (now), but hot damn if these current fellas aren't get'n after it like the 3-4 did.. The front line rotation is a masterpiece.. keeping them trenches fresh is the recipe.. no heavy breathing or need for a timeout for oxygen, just fresh rotation.. Listen, games are won or lost in the trenches, & if Mr. Allen keeps this up, well, we're seeing the frutation.. I dig it!.. but did it really take half a season to gel ??.. sure, Davenport is helping, but still, Hendrickson is a maniac.. Lovin' the packages that Allen has been rollin' with.. good stuff Saints!!!! (literally)

NW.

This was my thought exactly!.. personnel-wise, the only difference that stands out immediately is the 3-4 (then) vs. the 4-3 (now), but hot damn if these current fellas aren't get'n after it like the 3-4 did.. The front line rotation is a masterpiece.. keeping them trenches fresh is the recipe.. no heavy breathing or need for a timeout for oxygen, just fresh rotation.. Listen, games are won or lost in the trenches, & if Mr. Allen keeps this up, well, we're seeing the frutation.. I dig it!.. but did it really take half a season to gel ??.. sure, Davenport is helping, but still, Hendrickson is a maniac.. Lovin' the packages that Allen has been rollin' with.. good stuff Saints!!!! (literally)

NW.
Davenport made the biggest difference initially, and now Quon.

But what Quon allows us to do is really disguise our defense on every single play.

We've seen us blitz from the nickel/slot corner position (CGJ) and Davis a ton more than we would have ever considered before Quon arrived.

Defense looks great! But who do we give credit to though? DA for his play calling? Seems like he's been calling the same as before, but guys are making plays now. The secondary? Our DBs are locking people up and allowing CJGJ to run free. Same can be said for the LB play. The addition of Kwon has given DD a chance to run free. I think the defensive line deserves a ton of credit. We basically have two starting lineups. They wear offenses down and by the second half, it looks like blood in the water with a defense line of great whites.

8.3 ppg

241 ypg

13 sacks, 74 yds

If only we had Carl Smith running the offense, we’d be true contenders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom