Saints defense vs Nick Foles (1 Viewer)

Defense has to show up. Pass rush was annihilating Bears O-Line tonight and secondary played mistake free. If broken coverages keep happening or the rush can't get there this game can get out of hand quickly.

Defense has to show up. Pass rush was annihilating Bears O-Line tonight and secondary played mistake free. If broken coverages keep happening or the rush can't get there this game can get out of hand quickly.
I don't think this Bears offense has the ability to blow out anyone.

Bears defense now 8th in scoring, so definitely upper tier.

Interestingly the Saints give up less yards per game but we give up 9 more ppg (20 vs 29).

29 ppg on only 328 yards per game given up is really unheard of. I've never seen anything like it.

Our defense is ultimately an enigma.

What I saw of the defense in the two I have watched, they are good but not the power house they've been years past. Which along with the QB play makes their record before tonight even more of a head scratcher

If Cam Jordan cannot overcome double teams against Chicago's o-line, we're screwed.

Interestingly the Saints give up less yards per game but we give up 9 more ppg (20 vs 29).

29 ppg on only 328 yards per game given up is really unheard of. I've never seen anything like it.

Our accommodating red zone defense, which gives up over 80% TD’s is the main culprit...speaking of unheard of.

Their red zone D is far superior to ours. Game will probably come down to whether we score TDs or FGs in the red zone.
Yep we could end up scoring 5 times and put up only 19 points while they score only 3 times but all touchdowns for a 21-19 win.

This feels like a get right game for the defense and I (maybe stupidly) expect them to look better. Whether that fixes anything long term, who the heck knows.

Man I hope Saints D shows up but most of all hope Saints exercise good Time of Possession once again against the Bears. If the offense performs as it has since week 3 N.O should win game.

Watching the Bears offense is nearly as painful as watching our defensive secondary.... should be an awesome game.

That's because our yards per game doesn't account for the 400 yards in penalties.

I went back and looked at the ration of Yards/G vs. Points/G over the past 4 seasons. The 2020 Saints are the worst), giving up a point for every 11.32 yards they give up. In contrast, the best ratio (2017 Pats) gave up a point for every 19 yards they gave up. We're the opposite of "bend but don't break". (See the attached spreadsheet, based on data from https://www.footballdb.com.)

EDIT: I went back as far as 2009 and still haven't found a team with a worse ratio than the 2020 Saints.

Maybe this deserves a separate thread?

Attachments

• Yds per game vs points per game.xlsx
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom