Saints defense.... (1 Viewer)

I'll beg to differ. I was told by several knowledgeable and rational posters that the defense was irreparable, Dennis Allen needed to be fired, at least a third of the players were not worthy to play Tecmo Bowl on their kid's Nintendo DS, that Payton needed to be held accountable for how bad it was, and that Jeff Ireland and Micky Loomis were finished as a talent evaluation team.

And there's no way those posters overreacted. At all.

Didn't even need to use that special font on that one.

In the Payton Era the Saints defense has never 'burned rubber' from the starting line. Theirs has usually been more of an acceleration along the on-ramp as they merge onto the defensive lanes of the NFL Interstate highway. I see us as approaching the right lane now. But if we ever get to the point that our defense can move to the left lane and start passing some cars, we may be the first to cross the finish line in this year's race to Atlanta. :winkthumb:

I'll beg to differ. I was told by several knowledgeable and rational posters that the defense was irreparable, Dennis Allen needed to be fired, at least a third of the players were not worthy to play Tecmo Bowl on their kid's Nintendo DS, that Payton needed to be held accountable for how bad it was, and that Jeff Ireland and Micky Loomis were finished as a talent evaluation team.

And there's no way those posters overreacted. At all.
So far, so 2017, in fact.

I don't listen to those morons. I go by what I'm seeing each game from our defense. And the defense is definitely trending upward.

I'm trying to be optimistic with the defense. But it's not like the Giants & Redskins are offensive juggernauts.

You can do a lot of damage with a dominant front 4. We've invested multiple 1st-rounders in our d-line, time to reap the big payoff. If we make a legit Super Bowl run, Marcus Davenport will have a ton to do with it. After the Monday Night game, I can't wait to see what he does for an encore.

In the Payton Era the Saints defense has never 'burned rubber' from the starting line. Theirs has usually been more of an acceleration along the on-ramp as they merge onto the defensive lanes of the NFL Interstate highway. I see us as approaching the right lane now. But if we ever get to the point that our defense can move to the left lane and start passing some cars, we may be the first to cross the finish line in this year's race to Atlanta. :winkthumb:

Lol. Nice.

Our defense has been improving each week and hopefully this will continue as the season goes on. I'm still wondering about Stallworth and the severity of his injury. If he has to miss any significant playing time, we need to bring back Bromley for depth to keep our guys fresh. Plus he played very well for us against the Giants. Hopefully he can come back and play good for us again.

I don't consider the Ravens an offensive challenge, their defense is the problem for us.

I don't consider the Ravens an offensive challenge, their defense is the problem for us.

Agreed.
Although Flacco loves the deep ball if he has time.
After the Ravens we shall see those next few weeks imo.

Drew is very motivated to beat the Ravens. I think we get it done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom