Saints defensive end Cam Jordan 'anxious to see what happens on the other side' in offseason (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

By Joel A. Erickson

HOUSTON – By wide acclaim if not a Pro Bowl berth, Cameron Jordan turned in one of the best seasons of his Saints career in 2016, and he likes the work New Orleans has done around him.

The Saints rebuilt their interior pass rush with Nick Fairley and rookie Sheldon Rankins, who combined for 10.5 sacks, one year after no defensive tackle recorded more than 1.5 sacks for New Orleans.

But there are question marks at the other defensive end position, where promising second-round pick Hau'oli Kikaha was forced to miss the season due to his third torn ACL. Veteran Paul Kruger started and played 571 snaps, but he finished with just 1.5 sacks at age 30.

"I'm sort of anxious to see what happens to the other side of the defensive line, with Kikaha hopefully coming back healthy," Jordan said. "P.K. and Darryl (Tapp), I'm not sure it's going to happen with them, but at the same time, I can't help but start texting people, hey, what's happening."

Normally, Jordan would text his defensive line coach, he said, but New Orleans is still in the interview process.

Full Story - The Advocate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom