Saints defensive line excited to see what Marcus Davenport can do (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
BY JOEL A. ERICKSON | jerickson@theadvocate.com

The New Orleans Saints have only seen glimpses of their first-round pick in action so far.
A pulled groin sidelined Marcus Davenport for weeks, limiting the rookie's full-speed, full-pads exposure to just a few days at the beginning of training camp.
Davenport is close to full strength now, and the rest of the Saints are eager to see what they might be able to get out of the player New Orleans traded two first-round picks to move up to No. 14 and take at the end of April.

"You don't have to encourage anyone when he is on the sideline seeing his brotherhood working, and he's a step behind," defensive end Cameron Jordan said. "When I say a step behind, I mean he's on the sidelines looking, and he's not in the line of fire. You see he wants to get out there. He's trying to push his reps where his body will let him."

Marcus Davenport

Is this meant to be a subtly passive-aggressive article, or am I imagining things?

Probably won't get that many snaps this weekend, but it will be good to see him in live action, even if it is against 2nd stringers. He clearly needs reps in live game action to get accustomed to the fast pace of an actual game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom