Saints DL and OL Film Study - Week 1 (1 Viewer)

I want to believe in your system , but when you say things like "Unfortunately, it seems Strief can only whiff on blocks in spectacular fashion; his first loss resulted in a sack-fumble on the opening possession" And you give high grades to guys that have 10 snaps and some where he was an eligible receiver really playing the TE spot , I just can't have faith in your system . The sack fumble was a coverage sack/fumble even DB said so.
Thanks for commenting. I don't mind if you doubt my process, I'll be the first to say that it's raw and has kinks to work out.

It's tough to penalize Strief for a play where Brees was at fault, but them's the breaks. You'll have plays like that and sometimes it works out, like it did for the Raiders late in the game on a throw where Carr had 4.5 seconds in the pocket. Other times it doesn't, like on that sack-fumble. You can put an asterisk next to that if you want but it doesn't change the fact that Strief's guy made a play. I'll be the first to stand up for Strief. He played a great game and was the highest-rated OL without missing a snap.

Not accounting for snaps played relative to success rate is a flaw if you don't think about it. I'm measuring efficiency, so if a guy plays nine snaps and wins four of them of course his rate of success will be high. I'm not going to penalize someone for not playing often if they did well when they were given opportunities.

Senio's 10th snap as a decoy TE getting included was an oversight, thanks for pointing it out. I noted that in my film notes but forgot when checking my charting against the official snap counts to make sure I wasn't missing anyone or had an inaccurate snap count. I'll have to be more diligent on that moving forward m.

Thanks for reading and giving constructive criticism. This is definitely an ongoing process as I continue to develop my methodology. If you'd like to demonstrate something better I would love the opportunity to observe and learn from it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom