Saints' DL coach leaves for Duke (merged) (1 Viewer)

it's the trainers' job to have the players weights in line with what the Head coach wants, not the DL coach..
and for what its worth, the dLIne played the best it's played vs the run in years.

it's the trainers' job to have the players weights in line with what the Head coach wants, not the DL coach..
and for what its worth, the dLIne played the best it's played vs the run in years.

So what was the problem with the defense then? Why no pressure on the QB?

what' is this fascination with Jim Bates??? wouldnt' it be the same thing all over again?
Denver fans want him gone too.

why did we get rid of henshaw?

Purely speculation on my part, but I suspect that they were unhappy with the coaching that Reggie got. And perhaps Henshaw's recommendation had something to do with PTs lack of playing time which, in hindsight, seems to have been a mistake.

But I'm just guessing. We'll probably never know for sure. :shrug:

Thanks Dan. I just had not heard more than the rumor that was floating around. I have to say I'm not upset by this move at all. Payton drives me crazy sometimes on game day but.........Go Payton......right the ship:hihi:

Hmm. Payton did say the pruning shears would be out after the season ended.
What's the feeling on Gibbs down there? His resume' looks impressive but his defense sure didn't look aggressive this year for most of the games I actually got to see. How does he come across in interviews?

Hmm. Payton did say the pruning shears would be out after the season ended.
What's the feeling on Gibbs down there? His resume' looks impressive but his defense sure didn't look aggressive this year for most of the games I actually got to see. How does he come across in interviews?

What part of Gibbs resume looks impressive?

What part of Gibbs resume looks impressive?

From the official saints site:

When Sean Payton was hired, the first coach he pursued for his staff was defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs, and the addition of the experienced coach immediately paid dividends as Gibbs melded a unit with five new starters into one of the NFL’s most improved defenses. New Orleans ranked 11th in the league in defense in 2006, including third vs. the pass by allowing just 178.4 yards per contest.
Gibbs came to New Orleans after spending the previous four years as the linebackers coach for the Dallas Cowboys, where he served on the same staff as Payton from 2003-05. It was Gibbs’ first NFL assignment after accumulating 22 years of college coaching experience, including six as head coach at the University of Oklahoma.
Gibbs joined the Cowboys following consecutive one-year stints as the defensive coordinator at LSU (2001) and the University of Georgia (2000). During his lone season in Baton Rouge, the Tigers compiled a 10-3 record, took the SEC title and won the Nokia Sugar Bowl. LSU ranked 21st nationally against the run and led the SEC with 18 interceptions. In his year at Georgia, the Bulldogs ranked 19th in the nation in total defense and 12th in scoring defense by allowing just 18 points per game.

Doesn't that sound fairly impressive? I'm kinda limited in that I have to read about coach Gibbs to find out anything about him.. thus my original question: How does he impress those of you who have heard him in interviews?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom