Saints' DL coach leaves for Duke (merged) (1 Viewer)

I sat right behind the Saints bench for the game against the Cardinals and particular watched that man TRY to coach Wil Smith and Charles Grant. I honestly felt sorry for him. As he would look at the pictures sent down to him and flip through them, both Smith and Grant would continously run their mouths. Non stop talking -- trying to justify ZERO PRESSURE on the QB. The coach would just shake his head and try to say things but they would continously double team him with talk.

Anybody going to Duke has very LOW expectations and abilities regarding football.

Dude! There was no reason for that comment!!! It should have been left unsaid. That was very low class!!!

Kansas St. sucked for years and look at them now. Kansas also sucked for years and this year they won a BCS game. It can be done.

Wow. The offseason brings out a chance for newbies to just flood the board with inane statements.

Good luck to him and hope that if what talk2 says is the case then maybe Payton needs to have a talk with our 2 Probowl DE's.

Two other Saints assistants have been let go as well, Tom Hayes (DB's) and George Henshaw (RB's).

Also, let's try to keep the discussion at a higher level.

Wow. The offseason brings out a chance for newbies to just flood the board with inane statements.

Good luck to him and hope that if what talk2 says is the case then maybe Payton needs to have a talk with our 2 Probowl DE's.

Did Grant EVER make the pro bowl? :dunno:

Two other Saints assistants have been let go as well, Tom Hayes (DB's) and George Henshaw (RB's).

Also, let's try to keep the discussion at a higher level.

Dan has this been confirmed? I know I read a rumor about it that came from another site but I never saw confirmation of it.

Change can be good for everybody.

Dan has this been confirmed? I know I read a rumor about it that came from another site but I never saw confirmation of it.

Even though I cannot provide a link, I stand by the post. The announcement will probably not be made by the Saints until their replacements are found.

I sat right behind the Saints bench for the game against the Cardinals and particular watched that man TRY to coach Wil Smith and Charles Grant. I honestly felt sorry for him. As he would look at the pictures sent down to him and flip through them, both Smith and Grant would continously run their mouths. Non stop talking -- trying to justify ZERO PRESSURE on the QB. The coach would just shake his head and try to say things but they would continously double team him with talk.

I often wondered how a choach got the attention of big arrogant (You have to have an attitude to play good defense) players to get them motivated. Is it on the coach to motivate the players or should the players have more respect for the coaches and what they are trying to do in the game? Not to say he's not a good coach, but maybe his coaching style wasn't getting the attention of his troops on the professional level. Last year Payton's presence was big on the sidelines. He got in peoples faces when they screwed up no matter who they were. This year I didn't see much of that and I think that is PART of the reason the Dline and the team as a whole at times played with less passoin. Hey Dan! Is Gibbs next?

I see you guys are jumping all over me for what? Calling my comments low class, questioning my being a fan? Please. The whole defense (players, schemes, coaching) was a joke. I would say good riddance to everyone on that side of the ball (including the coaches). MM would be the exception.

Bye. last year was good but this year is awful. change is needed defensively and offensively. Def. coordinator & LB coach need to leave after this bad season.

Be careful...the ones on here that evidently like porous mediocre defenses led by barely successful college coaches will be all over you.

Dude! There was no reason for that comment!!! It should have been left unsaid. That was very low class!!!

Kansas St. sucked for years and look at them now. Kansas also sucked for years and this year they won a BCS game. It can be done.

What? C'mon. Who cares about Kansas? And a BCS game? Don't they have like 300 of them these days? Sorry, don't see the connection to a poor Saints defense. Speaking of the college level the Saints Defense played about at a Div 2 level this year.

Last Saturday night, a caller calling himself "Friend" phoned into the Bobby and Mike D. show on WWL and said that the DBs coach had been fired. Mike D. recognized his voice, and Friend said, "You know who I am, and you know what I tell you is true." Mike D. chuckled in a knowing way, as if to say, "Yeah, the DBs coach must be gone then." As far as the D-line coach, for my money, we didn't do nearly enough stunting with our D-line. Our entire scheme lacked creativity, which ultimately is on Gibbs and Payton, but I didn't see anything out of the D-line that made me feel like we were getting the most out of our players, especially our ends.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom