Saints don't have MVP, but they load up on midseason hardware (1 Viewer)

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
Prisco's midseason awards

The Indianapolis Colts can't lose. The defending Super Bowl champions can't win. The Oakland Raiders can't score. And the Dallas Cowboys can't play by the rules.

I wish we had more time to talk about it, but the intermission is almost over. So let's take a moment to address what we just saw and honor the deserving. The envelopes, please:

MVP
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis. This one's not close, folks. He was supposed to struggle without Edgerrin James, but rewind the videotape of the win over Denver. The guy was this close to perfect. Yeah, right, he sure misses Edge. The club's running the table again, and Manning is on his game. Runner-up: Drew Brees, New Orleans.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9789890

THUD. That's the sound of Prisco trying to admit he was wrong about the Saints.

So what? Prisco was wrong about the Saints but who wasn't? Prisco predicted a 4-12 season. Mike D said that they would win 5 games. Nobody said we'd be 6-2 at this point.

Prisco gave only us and the Colts A+ grades. Pretty cool. I think Chicago maybe deserves an A+ even with their loss, but hey...

Midseason hardware=worthless

The Vince Lombardi Trophy is the only hardware that counts...

I had 6-10 before the year...never more happy to be wrong.

I disagree with him on the MVP for Brees. Manning is expected to do what he is doing. Brees was not. Brees is the MVP for our team, period.

Manning is now expected to perform at this level. How many years in the same system with the same players? Brees is undoubtedly a better MVP candidate though common sense doesn't always prevail in these matters. Drew is either be MVP or Comeback Player of the Year. Both would be sweet. He deserves them both.

I thought MVP ment Most Valuable Player.

in which that means you take that player away from his team and they struggle.

if so, peyton and brees both fit that critera pretty good.

THUD. That's the sound of almost every member of this board, and every New Orleans Saints fan trying to admit they were wrong about the Saints.

I disagree with him on the MVP for Brees. Manning is expected to do what he is doing. Brees was not. Brees is the MVP for our team, period.

That is true. Manning is being Manning. He is who we thought he was. Brees was good in SD. Not Peyton like but good nonetheless. But noone really expected him to make this kind of recovery so fast. Can someone win the MVP and the Comeback Player of the Year award the same year?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom