Saints draft and trade predictions for 2008 (1 Viewer)

I was done reading when I saw trade a first rounder to the Jets for the rights of Vilma. I don't care if they are sending back a second. There is no way you trade anything higher than a fourth rounder for Vilma who is coming off a major injury that some believe is chronic and could further have an effect on his career.

Yeah really..

I don't see why anyone in the world would give up that much for a HUGE question mark - it just doesn't make sense.

I was done reading when I saw trade a first rounder to the Jets for the rights of Vilma. I don't care if they are sending back a second. There is no way you trade anything higher than a fourth rounder for Vilma who is coming off a major injury that some believe is chronic and could further have an effect on his career.

it all depends on the physical, every team makes a player have a physical before being traded or signed so if we do get him then he would be healthy enough to play.

i just want to give props to the inventor of this thread..WOW, you put in some work here!!! i would never have the patience to think this one up!! you should be in the front office somewhere...

congrats!!

Wow, I doubt Dallas trades both 1st RD picks for the #10 overall pick..... is there really anyone worth trading 2 first round picks for??? maybe Dorsey or McFadden but other than those two, I can think of one.... That and noway anyone gives the Jets a 1st rd pick for Vilma, especially since there is still a possibility he want play again.....

What's the deal with him?

I thought he was going to be okay for next season......

According to sources in New York his knee isn't recovering as well as hoped. There's talk he's done. Think something like the Cie Grant situation. But the Saints need help so desperately at LB I hope they have Vilma evaluated (paging Dr. Andrews) and if there's a chance he can play...send a second day pick to the Jets for him.......

I like this aside from

1) First for Vilma is waaaay too much...all the talk is about potentially a 4th for him - potentially serious injury, doesn't fit their system, etc. No way we give up a first. maybe a 3rd, which if we get both of Dallas' firsts, I'd be ecstatic about

2) Goff will go waaaay higher than the 5th, potentially a 2nd rounder apparently.

Otherwise, fantastic work! Alot of thought went into this.

Assuming we get both firsts from Dallas, and assuming we keep both, we could end up with an upper echelon CB, an upper echelon DT and an upper echelon LB in the first 41 picks...

How about 1a)Talib/Cason/Reggie Smith
1b) Pat Sims/Kentwaln Balmer
2) Ali Highsmith/Dan Connor/Shaun Crable

How about that for an infusion of young talent!

Couple that with the FA pickups mentioned (which I like alot) and that'd be a serious defence!

Geaux Saints!

Nice off season there TT, good job also.

Nice post but we should be able to do a lot better with 1 of the post trade #1s then get Vilma. And from what I am hearing we will be active in FA for defensive stars -- Personally I would want to get a CB and LB in FA and go after the DT in the draft

I'm sorry you spent so much time on such a bad evaluation. Why do we need to waste a pick a third rounder nonetheless, on a RB because he went to TUlane? I won't even respond to the washed up MLB you want to waste a draft pick on who may never play again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom