Saints Draft [Based on Rumors] (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
Free Agents<o></o>
<o></o>
CB <st1:country-region w:st="on">Asante</st1:country-region> Samuel [<st1>New England</st1>]
<o></o>
img.13951_t.jpg

<o></o>
Draft<o></o>
<o></o>
1[10] DT Kentwan Balmer [UNC]
<o></o>
Balmer was a late riser and turned in a dominant senior season. Some people say that this is something to be concerned about but after some investigation I am not concerned. His first 2 years he spent at DE before moving inside. His junior year was his first at DT and he was injured for the beginning of the season. In his senior season with the NFL coaching of Butch Davis he became a star. At 6’5” 310lbs. he has the size and pass rush ability that the Saints are desperate for. At the combine he benched 33 reps [225lbs] and ran an average time that I expect him to better at his pro day.
<o></o>
Kentwan%20Balmer%20large.jpg

<o></o>
2[42] LB Jonathan Goff [Vanderbilt]
<o></o>
To simply put it Jon Goff is a solid MLB that can lead a defense and make tackles all over the field. He has a great combine coming in at 6’2” 240lbs and running a 4.63. Apparently his interviews with teams have been going great and he looks like a solid prospect that can come in and start.
<o></o>
348629.gif

<o></o>
3[73] RB Matt Forte [Tulane]
<o></o>
He should go higher then the 3<sup>rd</sup> round and after a great 40 time he could, but there are still a number of RBs higher then him. At 6’1 220lbs. he looks like a 2001 version of Deuce the man he will come in and replace. The Saints offense falls apart without a grinding RB.
<o></o>
632895.jpeg

<o></o>
4. Traded to NY Jets with S Josh Bullocks for LB Jonathan Vilma.
<o></o>
vilma_jonathan.jpg

<o></o>
5. CB Simeon Castille [<st1>:place w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Alabama</st1:state></st1>:place>]
<o></o>
He has experience at both S and CB and a nice size/speed combination. He provides great depth and should play in the dime.
<o></o>
FPI609040303H3_b.jpg

<o></o>
6. DE Titus Brown [<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Mississippi St</st1:address></st1:street>]
<o></o>
An undersized pass rush threat that can come in on 3<sup>rd</sup> down.
<o></o>
4240totk.jpg

<o></o>
7. C John Sullivan [Notre Dame]
<o></o>
A smart C that could handle running the Saints offense once he gets stronger.
<o></o>
jsullivan.jpg

No way we trade Bullocks unless we pick up or draft another safety. Honestly, the 4th might do it without Bullocks. The Jets want Vilma gone.

I watched a lot of Mississippi State games last year...... I'd love to see Titus Brown in black and gold. He made a lot of big plays in crucial situations.... the Saints need somebody that can get after the QB on third down.

I don't think we want another John Sullivan.

ya i'm with ya on that.... to be honest i was pretty stunned when i heard that he was rumored to be our #10 pick.... NO THANK YOU!

As for the rest of what the op has up there, i like Samuel but i dunno he is going to cost alot, i pray that he isn't just another product of a system type guy. As for Vilma i like him, but at the same time i don't think i wanna see one of our big free agent acquisitions sidelined for half the season every season. As for the rest of the picks, none of them are any that i want really, the only guy that has minor interest to me is Goff, but i'd much rather have Mayo, IF he is available in the second. As for our #10 pick, i'm not sure, but there are a hand full of other players i would take over him....

i think we have to draft a CB no matter what with our first pick....even IF we sign Samuels, and decide to trade down from #10...i believe we have to draft either Flowers, DRC or Talib...we are far to terrible in the secondary for anything else

its pretty believable, I posted almost the same scenario on the "Samuel to Saints is a done deal" thread.....but I don't think we have to trade a player to get Vilma and I'm not to sure we draft a runningback in the third, maybe 5th.

I kind of have a man crush on Rivers. I like Gholston, both Longs, Ellis and Dorsey also. I would never pass any of those. There is also plenty of depth at the tackle position in the draft and we could use a replacement for Stinch if Strief can't do it. The good thing is quality, starting offensive lineman can be had in the later rounds of the draft and even undrafted. I just hope if one of the big names we (fans) covet is still there at 10, we don't pass and reach for a need (CB) or DT if both Ellis and Dorsey are gone (probable).

Even if by some wet dream we sign Briggs and Vilma, I would still draft Ellis. You can never have too many good LB's even if it is at the cost of something else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom