Saints Draft Debate: Should they go with LB Queen or LB Murray? (1 Viewer)

Just read this write up on a NFL.com mock draft for Kenneth Murray:

“But if you're looking for a leader of the unit for the long-term future, there may be no better franchise cornerstone and leader than Murray. General managers and coaches have raved about his interviews, and he also happens to be a sideline-to-sideline LB who crushed the combine. A Day 1 starter at OU, Murray was a team captain by his sophomore season.”

The Stephone Anthony comparisons need to stop. Anthony didn’t have anything on this cat. Anthony only started 36 out of 52 games for Clemson while Murray started all 40 games since day one at OU while being the Big-12 co-defensive FRESHMAN of the year.

I mean I can’t remember, but were the draft “experts” calling Stephone Anthony a franchise cornerstone &/or leader when he came out for the draft? Were GMs and coaches raving about Anthony’s interviews? Was he a captain by his sophomore year? No cause he didn’t even start every game as a sophomore.

Don’t want either. Only linebacker that should go in the first round is Simmons. Years ago I said the same thing when we drafted Anthony that it was a major reach and none of the linebackers were 1st round material. I like many others wanted Kendricks in the 2nd and we passed on him twice. Would prefer taking someone like Willie Gay in the 3rd. Linebacker like running back is a devalued position now.
Agree 100%. I am not a fan of lb in the first unless it’s almost a given they will be successful. Go oline corner or wr

• 1Like
Reactions: TD2
Give me Queen. Give me a guy from a strong defensive culture, one that got stops all year long when they needed to. OK's defense is a joke.
Queen is also very studious, and has a high football IQ. He was always lining guys up and calling out plays.

I saw on NFL.com (for what it's worth) that Murray's instincts and recognition are spotty. That makes me nervous (Stephone Anthony). The biggest knock I've seen on Queen is that he can struggle shedding blocks. Both have their weaknesses as all picks do. I trust CSP and Loomis.

Murray just built like a LB that I like. College play looks good, will it translate to NFL production... who knows, but he’s been doing it longer than Queen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom