Saints Draft Debate: Should they go with LB Queen or LB Murray? (1 Viewer)

I think we sign a FA Lb like Ogletree prior to the draft

I hope this happens. I know he isn't the same guy he was when he was with the Rams, but I truly think he could be the final piece to our defensive puzzle. I'd feel a LOT better about our linebacker group if he was signed.

He is a very good player that's been stuck on several bad teams, and is only 28.

The real question is what are the Patriots gonna do at #23.
If both Queen and Murray are on the board when the Pats come up to pick and they pick one of them, then we will know who the better LB is right then and there. Belichick doesn't miss much when it comes to drafting LBs.

I just hope one of them makes it to us. It’s not a given that they will especially with the Patriots picking ahead of us and needing a LB. I don’t think Jordan Love will fall to 23 as some team will likely trade up for him. The Patriots would be lucky if he did though since they need a QB and he might be better than Justin Herbert who will likely go in the top 10. I don’t see any other QB worth the 23 pick, so maybe they trade back. I just hope Murray & Queen are both still available at 23 cause I would take either of them at 24. Hopefully no one in the top 20 has fallen in love with either of them.

Whoever they pick I will have my dislikes and pray I eat crow if they go with LB just think we are all on LB because of the FA signings ..... Linebackers this year seem a little weak to me other than Simmons since he can kinda go LB/S I am expecting WR after the signings unless Payton is high on QB that drops

I'm with you. It may be some risk aversion due to our history over the last 3 decades with drafting LBs but I feel more confident in a sure thing with WR. I do understand the logic that we can still get one in later rounds though. I hope that we solidify LB before the draft so that our hand is not forced.

Murray if I’m forced. But I wouldn’t be surprised with anything with the pick.

At this point I can't make a decision on Queen or Murray if both are still there at the 24th pick. I guess either one would be good with me. If they are both gone by the time we pick Then I would go with Zach Baun. JMO.

I would much rather have Queen than Murray. Murray seems to have issues diagnosing plays. Queen is much sharper, despite much less experience. Him playing with bigger guys in front of him is not a concern for me...Deion Jones had the same benefit, and look how he's turned out.

The guy I like better than both, in terms of a scheme fit, is Zack Baun. He's more of the physical prototype we have for the position. I feel he has the potential to be an impactful linebacker who can rush, cover, and stuff the run like DeMario Davis. Would easily take over the A.J. Klein role as he learns the finer points.

Starting to think both guys are gonna be there at 24?
After digging in a bit deeper, I think Queen is the better player. Both great athletes but Queen seems to have much better instincts.

I can't really hold Queen's lack of experience against him. He did sit behind two very good players before getting his chance to shine. And shine he did. I want that sideline to sideline linebacker and Queen fits that to a T.

I can't really hold Queen's lack of experience against him. He did sit behind two very good players before getting his chance to shine. And shine he did. I want that sideline to sideline linebacker and Queen fits that to a T.

Shoot I just thought of that. Since I don’t watch college football. Were the two in front of him Deion Jones and Devin White? Love those guys.

yes sir. and those are two, in my opinion, excellent football players. and he reminds me of them.

They are indeed. And that’s a huge compliment. I’d love to have him if he’s comparable to either of them.

What will likely happen is Murray or Queen will be gone and we will take Baun over the other one. We did meet with him and haven’t met with either of the other two yet. Hopefully they want to meet with both in the next couple weeks right before the draft. Or maybe they don’t want to show their hand? I’m warming up to taking Baun if they are both gone, but I hope not if one of them are on the board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom