Saints Draft Debate: Should they go with LB Queen or LB Murray? (1 Viewer)

Murray since we could plug him right into the MIKE spot and be good to go IMO. After Burrow and Simmons he’s the player I want the most in this draft, so to get him at 24 would be great. I’ll be more than happy with Queen though. I just hope one of these guys are available at 24 and we take them since LB is by far our biggest need IMO.

I think Queen is the better player. Both had several plays where they beat blockers to the angle and blew plays up, but Queen looks far more instinctual and he is better at disengaging to go along with the pursuit. I also think Murray’s weight advantage is insignificant, because Queen looks like the more powerful player. The Stephone Anthony comparison for Murray is not without merit.

I think Queen is the better player. Both had several plays where they beat blockers to the angle and blew plays up, but Queen looks far more instinctual and he is better at disengaging to go along with the pursuit. I also think Murray’s weight advantage is insignificant, because Queen looks like the more powerful player. The Stephone Anthony comparison for Murray is not without merit.

Murray looks plenty instinctual. He also looks more stout than Queen. If I was looking for a day 1 starter at LB who can control the LOS and be a run stuffing machine, I’d take Murray. The Stephone Anthony comp is pretty poor. Anthony was a bad prospect. He had poor instincts and completely got by on athleticism. I think Rashaan Evans is a really good comp from what I’ve seen.

If you take Queen you have to keep him clean. But I think the Saints front four would allow that. I think Queen offers more as a pass defender and is a little more twitchy. I give him the slight edge because I like his upside slightly more. I think he’s pretty close to Myles Jack.

Both would likely be day one starters alongside Davis.

I can’t believe the Saints take a LB @ 24 until the pick is in and announced... I’m leaning towards them selecting Shenault at this point.

If they go LB, whether it’s Murray, Queen, or even Baun... I’ll be all about it, and I’ll convince myself that player is going to be great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom