Saints Draft Grade v 1.0 (1 Viewer)

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
1. Payton Turner, D+. I saw his name on the draft simulations I did on the PFF draft simulator. I even took him a few times but it was in the 3rd or 4th round so obviously this was a reach. He might be awesome but that doesn't matter because I didn't have him going in the 1st round.

2. Peter Werner, C-. He's a LBer so that's a good thing but he's white and his name doesn't sound that cool. In my mock simulations I was able to get him a round or two later so again, reach. Never seen him play but I watched his highlights. I'm so meh about this pick. Baron Browning was the Ohio State LBer I wanted. Scott Shanle reincarnated.

3. Paulson Adebo, A. We needed a Corner and he plays Corner so that was a good fit. His name is pretty good and draft experts thought it was a good pick. Some draft sites say he's good and I spent literally minutes analyzing his highlights. I love this pick.

4. Ian Book, F and a half. Big time production? Don't care. What are the Saints supposed to do with a 6 foot QB with an average arm? Honestly I can't even with this pick. Mel Kiper had way better prospects remaining.

6. Landon Young, B+. Coming into the draft I'd never heard of him but other people seem to think it's a good pick and so do I. The Saints know what they're doing when it comes to the O line.

7. Kawaan Baker, F-. There were still so many name players left on the board but instead they reached for some guy that nobody has even heard of. Thank god we were able to get Trill Williams as a UDFA. I'm just going to pretend like we drafted Trill in the 7th and picked this guy up as a UDFA. Poor man's TQS.

Last edited:

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey didn't Pete's great great great great grandfather Pop Werner invent football? ;)
"We need a LB, so that's good, but he's white and his name doesn't sound that cool"
I spit coffee and leftover beer from the night before onto my screen when I read this part!
Great stuff Drago!!!!

SeapeaNOLA

I expect nothing and I'm still let down.
Reaction score
Ian Book doesn't even have a cool name. I like football not literature, BUST.

liveoakh

Rookie
Reaction score
Drago, the jokes on me. I totally bit on that. The second read was very funny. Best post in awhile.:applaud:

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
DYK? Ian Book won the 2020 Pop Werner College Football Award!

OP
saint_drago

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Can we please merge all these armchair draft grades into one thread?

They are hilariously ill-informed, and sweet Jesus there’s way too many of them.

Truth is, no one knows how these pics are going to turn out. No one. Not even the actual guys drafted, they don’t even know.
This thread has shown me that many people don't actually read the op. I guess they see the title and immediately comment without reading anything. There's just no way you read this thing and think it's serious. I mean come on, I said that I had spent literally minutes analyzing Paulson Adebo's highlight tape.

I bet I could do a Saints Draft Grade version 2 and people would still wouldn't get it lol.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not saying Ian Book is Drew Brees by any means, but the Saints did some really good things with a previous 6 foot QB with an average arm.
He's being facetious.
Why have a forum at all?
Changing an A, B, C, D, or F to an I doesn't nullify discussion. It's just one letter. I don't necessarily prescribe to his train of thought for discussion purposes, but he isn't wrong. We don't know how these guys will pan out.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Not saying Ian Book is Drew Brees by any means, but the Saints did some really good things with a previous 6 foot QB with an average arm.
I didn't have to even look to see who clowned you. Clown #1 on this board is not a Saints or Brees fan...He is here for Winston and Winston alone. So any mention of anyone playing QB other than Winston draws a clown from him. Clown #2 will sweep in and do the same here shortly.

Reaction score
He's being facetious.

Changing an A, B, C, D, or F to an I doesn't nullify discussion. It's just one letter. I don't necessarily prescribe to his train of thought for discussion purposes, but he isn't wrong. We don't know how these guys will pan out.
Of course everyone knows that we don't know how people will pan out. But they also have the right to be skeptical about certain draft picks or positions that are selected. That is completely fair game for an internet forum such as this one. And let's be real...if we all have to wait a complete 3 years to discuss anything...nobody is going to care about discussing things at that point. The interest is NOW. If people want to put a meaningless grade to support their opinions on the draft...who cares? Fans investment in the draft and feeling that they are as well informed as they can be on prospects and team needs is a good thing and a healthy thing for a forum.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't have to even look to see who clowned you. Clown #1 on this board is not a Saints or Brees fan...He is here for Winston and Winston alone. So any mention of anyone playing QB other than Winston draws a clown from him. Clown #2 will sweep in and do the same here shortly.
Send in the clowns

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I never had high expectations for this draft, so I never went off the rails. Who knows, we may have a couple of surprises in this draft and UDFA. I will be like free money.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
But they also have the right to be skeptical about certain draft picks or positions that are selected.
I think you're putting words in his mouth. He only said the draft grad should be 'I'. He never said we couldn't share our opinion, be skeptical, or have discussion.

If people want to put a meaningless grade to support their opinions on the draft...who cares? Fans investment in the draft and feeling that they are as well informed as they can be on prospects and team needs is a good thing and a healthy thing for a forum.
I think the discussion has been great. I also think many others would agree. No one is trying to thwart that. But there are a handful that believe their opinion is infallible. Personally, I think there has to be some middle ground, here. We each have to recognize that we don't know more than NFL scouts. But on the flip side, we can still have good discussion around what we see in these draftees. It doesn't have to be all or none.

Reaction score
I think you're putting words in his mouth. He only said the draft grad should be 'I'. He never said we couldn't share our opinion, be skeptical, or have discussion.

I think the discussion has been great. I also think many others would agree. No one is trying to thwart that. But there are a handful that believe their opinion is infallible. Personally, I think there has to be some middle ground, here. We each have to recognize that we don't know more than NFL scouts. But on the flip side, we can still have good discussion around what we see in these draftees. It doesn't have to be all or none.
Yeah...at this point I'm not sure what we are arguing. LOL. I agree with everything you're saying. I think that people's frustration with a letter grade is silly. Let people give their letter grade...it doesn't matter, but who cares.

BigPlayMonster

Mr. Big Play
Reaction score
Another fortune teller?

And you may want to criticize or critique Jeff Ireland instead, because he obviously can't see into the future like you can.....

(If this is parody I apologize in advance)

It's not. But you just proved my point that you cant critique SP without people getting in their feelings . The last 4 drafts have been underwhelming and if you're disagreeing because of some allegiance to Sean Payton then that's sad. Only hits have been McCoy, Trequan (somewhat) and CJ. Was Davenport worth giving up 2 firsts for? Jury still out on Ruiz and history shows they can't develop LBs. Also, Sean Payton is just as involved in the draft process as Ireland and I'm fairly certain he has final say on draft picks. But whatever. Be fine with just winning the NFC South.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really dont know why the Saints have a scouting department. All the answers needed are avaliable to em for free on this site or for 10 bucks if they want to make a donation
The Bengals only use free ones, unfortunately.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There were a couple of clues that this was parody, such as the one about only spending minutes seeing the highlights, but I read it too quickly, and most of the post aligns with other takes I've seen, so it wasn't obvious. I didn't know Drago was known for parodies. I think something like my 9 year old daughter has a stronger arm than Ian would've done it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom