Saints Draft Grade v 1.0 (1 Viewer)

LOL! I’m sorry. Joke went waaayyyy over my head.

I just woke up. Please forgive me. Well done.
I thought it was so over the top that it would be obvious it was a parody. But I've actually seen some of these terrible hot takes posted here so I can see where there would be some confusion. Maybe I should put parody in the title but that kinda ruins it.

Do you think Mel Kiper and PFF draft simulators know more about football than Sean Payton and Jeff Ireland?

Sean Payton and Jeff Ireland...probably not. But autodraft would probably do better for some franchises. I know with certainty that the forum could have drafted a better class in 1996, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2015, 2018

Last edited:
I thought it was so over the top that it would be obvious it was a parody. But I've actually seen some of these terrible hot takes posted here so I can see where there would be some confusion. Maybe I should put parody in the title but that kinda ruins it.
You got me there

On Pete Werner: “he’s white, and his name doesn’t sound very cool”. 😂

Seriously... If Werner was a black dude, I don’t think Louis Riddick would have classified him as a “2-down LB”.
If his name was Donovan Slade he probably goes in the 1st round.

1. Payton Turner, D+. I saw his name on the draft simulations I did on the PFF draft simulator. I even took him a few times but it was in the 3rd or 4th round so obviously this was a reach. He might be awesome but that doesn't matter because I didn't have him going in the 1st round.

2. Peter Werner, C-. He's a LBer so that's a good thing but he's white and his name doesn't sound that cool. In my mock simulations I was able to get him a round or two later so again, reach. Never seen him play but I watched his highlights. I'm so meh about this pick. Baron Browning was the Ohio State LBer I wanted. Scott Shanle reincarnated.

3. Paulson Adebo, A. We needed a Corner and he plays Corner so that was a good fit. His name is pretty good and draft experts thought it was a good pick. Some draft sites say he's good and I spent literally minutes analyzing his highlights. I love this pick.

4. Ian Book, F and a half. Big time production? Don't care. What are the Saints supposed to do with a 6 foot QB with an average arm? Honestly I can't even with this pick. Mel Kiper had way better prospects remaining.

6. Landon Young, B+. Coming into the draft I'd never heard of him but other people seem to think it's a good pick and so do I. The Saints know what they're doing when it comes to the O line.

7. Kawaan Baker, F-. There were still so many name players left on the board but instead they reached for some guy that nobody has even heard of. Thank god we were able to get Trill Williams as a UDFA. I'm just going to pretend like we drafted Trill in the 7th and picked this guy up as a UDFA. Poor man's TQS.
Yikes. TQS is already a receiving equivalent of a $5 dvd in a large unorganized bin at Walmart, so Baker must be for a pretty damn poor man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom