Saints Draft Grade v 1.0 (1 Viewer)

But they also have the right to be skeptical about certain draft picks or positions that are selected.
I think you're putting words in his mouth. He only said the draft grad should be 'I'. He never said we couldn't share our opinion, be skeptical, or have discussion.

If people want to put a meaningless grade to support their opinions on the draft...who cares? Fans investment in the draft and feeling that they are as well informed as they can be on prospects and team needs is a good thing and a healthy thing for a forum.
I think the discussion has been great. I also think many others would agree. No one is trying to thwart that. But there are a handful that believe their opinion is infallible. Personally, I think there has to be some middle ground, here. We each have to recognize that we don't know more than NFL scouts. But on the flip side, we can still have good discussion around what we see in these draftees. It doesn't have to be all or none.

I think you're putting words in his mouth. He only said the draft grad should be 'I'. He never said we couldn't share our opinion, be skeptical, or have discussion.

I think the discussion has been great. I also think many others would agree. No one is trying to thwart that. But there are a handful that believe their opinion is infallible. Personally, I think there has to be some middle ground, here. We each have to recognize that we don't know more than NFL scouts. But on the flip side, we can still have good discussion around what we see in these draftees. It doesn't have to be all or none.
Yeah...at this point I'm not sure what we are arguing. LOL. I agree with everything you're saying. I think that people's frustration with a letter grade is silly. Let people give their letter grade...it doesn't matter, but who cares.

Another fortune teller?

And you may want to criticize or critique Jeff Ireland instead, because he obviously can't see into the future like you can.....

(If this is parody I apologize in advance)

It's not. But you just proved my point that you cant critique SP without people getting in their feelings . The last 4 drafts have been underwhelming and if you're disagreeing because of some allegiance to Sean Payton then that's sad. Only hits have been McCoy, Trequan (somewhat) and CJ. Was Davenport worth giving up 2 firsts for? Jury still out on Ruiz and history shows they can't develop LBs. Also, Sean Payton is just as involved in the draft process as Ireland and I'm fairly certain he has final say on draft picks. But whatever. Be fine with just winning the NFC South.

I really dont know why the Saints have a scouting department. All the answers needed are avaliable to em for free on this site or for 10 bucks if they want to make a donation
The Bengals only use free ones, unfortunately.

There were a couple of clues that this was parody, such as the one about only spending minutes seeing the highlights, but I read it too quickly, and most of the post aligns with other takes I've seen, so it wasn't obvious. I didn't know Drago was known for parodies. I think something like my 9 year old daughter has a stronger arm than Ian would've done it.

Yeah...at this point I'm not sure what we are arguing. LOL. I agree with everything you're saying. I think that people's frustration with a letter grade is silly. Let people give their letter grade...it doesn't matter, but who cares.
It doesn't matter at all and it's just another thing to talk about. I just think it's hilarious when people give a pick like a C- or, D+, or B-. Any grade that has a +/- attached to it always makes me chuckle.

Personally I either like a pick or I don't. But some people really break it down and hand out arbitrary but specific letter grades. Imagine you're a scout and you just spent hours on end breaking down prospects. The draft comes and the team takes a few of your guys. Then you see online where Saint_Bubba has given your pick a D+.

We aren't arguing, because we have some mutual ground.

I don't think its necessarily the letter grades that most take issue with. In some cases, its the idea that some of those giving out grades come across as though they think they know more than others, and if you openly disagree with them, you get demeaned. Again, thats not every case. The member we previously quote does not fall into this scenario, I don't believe. Personally, I like the approach @ELLIASJWILLIAMS takes. Yes, he gives an opinion that I don't necessarily agree with. But he presents it in an "open-minded" way.

Nice. Lol.
Sadly I tend to agree with the assessments, even tho it’s meant as parody. This was the most underwhelming draft we’ve had in quite awhile, imo. I would love to be wrong and eat a whole lot of crow in a couple of seasons.

Why have a forum at all?
So much this.
Amazes me even after all these years on SR how folks are chastised (by some) for having their own opinion, and for having the sheer audacity to then post about their thoughts…on a football forum, that’s about their favorite football team. How dare they do that. 😂

Last edited:
We aren't arguing, because we have some mutual ground.

I don't think its necessarily the letter grades that most take issue with. In some cases, its the idea that some of those giving out grades come across as though they think they know more than others, and if you openly disagree with them, you get demeaned. Again, thats not every case. The member we previously quote does not fall into this scenario, I don't believe. Personally, I like the approach @ELLIASJWILLIAMS takes. Yes, he gives an opinion that I don't necessarily agree with. But he presents it in an "open-minded" way.
This. This, exactly. I can talk draft all day long because I love it. I just don't like it when people get all uppity about it and start calling people names or making fun of them for liking/disliking a pick. There's no need for all that. You don't have to belittle people or anything. This isn't Tiger Droppings. Just have fun with it.

Your self worth isn't dependent on how much you know about the draft. Nobody thinks less of you when you're wrong. Nobody really gives a rip when you're right. But people will absolutely feel some type of way when you're obnoxious about it. Kinda takes the fun out of it when you risk getting into a steel cage match by posting your opinion.

I'm sure we have a lot of lurkers who would love to talk about the draft but are afraid of entering the octagon. I mean wow, it's become a blood sport up in here.

Last edited:
This. This, exactly. I can talk draft all day long because I love it. I just don't like it when people get all uppity about it and start calling people names or making fun of them for liking/disliking a pick. There's no need for all that. You don't have to belittle people or anything. This isn't Tiger Droppings. Just have fun with it.

Your self worth isn't dependent on how much you know about the draft. Nobody thinks less of you when you're wrong. Nobody really gives a rip when you're right. But people will absolutely feel some type of way when you're obnoxious about it. Kinda takes the fun out of it when you risk getting into a steel cage match by posting your opinion.

I'm sure we have a lot of lurkers who would love to talk about the draft but are afraid of entering the octagon. I mean wow, it's become a blood sport up in here.
Good post and points. The internet brings out the worst in people, and some are eaten up with ‘the worst’ lol.

It's not. But you just proved my point that you cant critique SP without people getting in their feelings . The last 4 drafts have been underwhelming and if you're disagreeing because of some allegiance to Sean Payton then that's sad. Only hits have been McCoy, Trequan (somewhat) and CJ. Was Davenport worth giving up 2 firsts for? Jury still out on Ruiz and history shows they can't develop LBs. Also, Sean Payton is just as involved in the draft process as Ireland and I'm fairly certain he has final say on draft picks. But whatever. Be fine with just winning the NFC South.

Don't know on Davenport yet, if he is healthy the next 2 years I think folks will be surprised the impact he makes. I wouldn't just write off Baun either, he is a 2nd year player. Folks want immediate results from young players, it doesn't always work that way.

I'm sure SP has input into who we draft but I think it is fairly obvious that Ireland has taken over, I mean we are no longer trading up in the 1st for small one dimensional WR's, right?

This thread has shown me that many people don't actually read the op. I guess they see the title and immediately comment without reading anything. There's just no way you read this thing and think it's serious. I mean come on, I said that I had spent literally minutes analyzing Paulson Adebo's highlight tape.

I bet I could do a Saints Draft Grade version 2 and people would still wouldn't get it lol.
You're surprised by the confusion? When you are parodying over-the-top reactions it's hard to be even more over-the-top.

Good stuff, Mr. Drago.

1. Tuner’s film is ugly. I don’t care how you spin it. Marcus Davenport from college is ten times better. But I still trust Ireland!
2. Werner is definitely white lamo. His measurables are amazing but you don’t see it on film
3. Adebo - his film is insane. So good, reminds me of Richard Sherman NFL tape. How he’s ranked 76 on all the draft boards is odd.
4. Ian book - this is a joke! I didn’t like him at ND. Thought he held them back.
5. YOUNG - might be my favorite Saints pick. Watch his film. He Destroys his opponents. It’s like watching Carl Nicks. Though it is very odd on Rivals that he signed with KU 2013. Is that a typo???
6. Baker - his film looks real good. Guy was supposed to go to Miami but his grades stunk. I like this pick especially since we got Carl Johnson to coach him.

Don't know on Davenport yet, if he is healthy the next 2 years I think folks will be surprised the impact he makes. I wouldn't just write off Baun either, he is a 2nd year player. Folks want immediate results from young players, it doesn't always work that way.

I'm sure SP has input into who we draft but I think it is fairly obvious that Ireland has taken over, I mean we are no longer trading up in the 1st for small one dimensional WR's, right?
Davenport is meh so far. I don't think he's trash like some fans do but I also don't think he's shown the potential to live up to his draft billing. I wasn't high on Baun so my expectations were low for him from the jump. But the Saints traditionally dont draft good LBs under SP's tenure. It is what is is.

5/7 of 2018 picks didn't make the team or had a minimal impact. As well as 3/5 from 2019. We traded up for a "small dimensional WR" once. And he was pretty good. Better than anything we've had since (besides MT). I know you get called a "fake fan" on here if you negatively critique anything the Saints FO and SP does, but I give props for the good and give criticism where it's due *shrugs*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom