Saints Draft Grade v 1.0 (2 Viewers)

Davenport is meh so far. I don't think he's trash like some fans do but I also don't think he's shown the potential to live up to his draft billing. I wasn't high on Baun so my expectations were low for him from the jump. But the Saints traditionally dont draft good LBs under SP's tenure. It is what is is.

5/7 of 2018 picks didn't make the team or had a minimal impact. As well as 3/5 from 2019. We traded up for a "small dimensional WR" once. And he was pretty good. Better than anything we've had since (besides MT). I know you get called a "fake fan" on here if you negatively critique anything the Saints FO and SP does, but I give props for the good and give criticism where it's due *shrugs*

I think MD has shown the potential, we will see what happens the next 2 years, hopefully he can be healthy. I agree on the LB's, Anzalone had some potential but also had a fairly extensive history of injuries in college, so he was a long shot to be a long term solution, and he is probably the best we've drafted in a while.

I think the reason why so few have made it from 2018 and 19 is because we already had a loaded roster. Which is also why we traded up so much in 2019, 6-7 round picks weren't likely to make the team.

I mean Brandon Cooks has had some success but small, mostly one-dimensional WR's are not in huge demand, there is a reason he has played for 4 teams in his 7 years.

My point is with Ireland doing his thing our drafts have been more impactful, which is one of the reasons we have a strong roster to begin with....SP was terrible at evaluating personnel, credit to him and the Saints, they realized it was a problem, they hired Ireland, then allowed Ireland to acquire his own scouting staff in 2016....The 2016 and 17 drafts were 2 of the best in Saints history.....

I think MD has shown the potential, we will see what happens the next 2 years, hopefully he can be healthy. I agree on the LB's, Anzalone had some potential but also had a fairly extensive history of injuries in college, so he was a long shot to be a long term solution, and he is probably the best we've drafted in a while.

I think the reason why so few have made it from 2018 and 19 is because we already had a loaded roster. Which is also why we traded up so much in 2019, 6-7 round picks weren't likely to make the team.

I mean Brandon Cooks has had some success but small, mostly one-dimensional WR's are not in huge demand, there is a reason he has played for 4 teams in his 7 years.

My point is with Ireland doing his thing our drafts have been more impactful, which is one of the reasons we have a strong roster to begin with....SP was terrible at evaluating personnel, credit to him and the Saints, they realized it was a problem, they hired Ireland, then allowed Ireland to acquire his own scouting staff in 2016....The 2016 and 17 drafts were 2 of the best in Saints history.....
Whether it was SP giving up control or Ryan Pace leaving or Ireland coming in, whatever it was I'm glad it happened. Ireland comes aboard and in a short period of time the roster is loaded with talent. So much talent that it's become impossible to keep it all.

I have no choice but to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the draft.

Whether it was SP giving up control or Ryan Pace leaving or Ireland coming in, whatever it was I'm glad it happened. Ireland comes aboard and in a short period of time the roster is loaded with talent. So much talent that it's become impossible to keep it all.

I have no choice but to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the draft.

I think the fact that Ireland was given the power to hire his own scout staff is a pretty good "clue" about who really makes the personnel decisions.

And I agree with all the rest....

I mean come on, I said that I had spent literally minutes analyzing Paulson Adebo's highlight tape.
Only slightly more ridiculous than "film study" claims by posters expecting themselves to be taken seriously.

1. Payton Turner, D+. I saw his name on the draft simulations I did on the PFF draft simulator. I even took him a few times but it was in the 3rd or 4th round so obviously this was a reach. He might be awesome but that doesn't matter because I didn't have him going in the 1st round.

2. Peter Werner, C-. He's a LBer so that's a good thing but he's white and his name doesn't sound that cool. In my mock simulations I was able to get him a round or two later so again, reach. Never seen him play but I watched his highlights. I'm so meh about this pick. Baron Browning was the Ohio State LBer I wanted. Scott Shanle reincarnated.

3. Paulson Adebo, A. We needed a Corner and he plays Corner so that was a good fit. His name is pretty good and draft experts thought it was a good pick. Some draft sites say he's good and I spent literally minutes analyzing his highlights. I love this pick.

4. Ian Book, F and a half. Big time production? Don't care. What are the Saints supposed to do with a 6 foot QB with an average arm? Honestly I can't even with this pick. Mel Kiper had way better prospects remaining.

6. Landon Young, B+. Coming into the draft I'd never heard of him but other people seem to think it's a good pick and so do I. The Saints know what they're doing when it comes to the O line.

7. Kawaan Baker, F-. There were still so many name players left on the board but instead they reached for some guy that nobody has even heard of. Thank god we were able to get Trill Williams as a UDFA. I'm just going to pretend like we drafted Trill in the 7th and picked this guy up as a UDFA. Poor man's TQS.
Remind me to let St. Drago win an argument about a wrs' weight next time. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm glad that he isn't a poster who holds a grudge over something petty.😂

Remind me to let St. Drago win an argument about a wrs' weight next time. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm glad that he isn't a poster who holds a grudge over something petty.😂
No, no, no. This wasn't meant for you or anyone else specifically. I was just trying to capture how the SSF goes bonkers right after the draft. I don't hold grudges at all and I don't remember you giving me anything to hold a grudge about.

So please don't think I was targeting you specifically because that wasn't my intent. This was simply about how we lose our minds this time of year.

It was TRULY meant by you, to make fun of many of US. I think 99.9856% of us know, you meant humor, and only humor from your keyboard.
THANKS for making some of US, laugh as we look in a mirror.
"I spent LITERALLY MINUTES, analyzing this guy's highlights" One of the funniest lines I have read/heard in 56 years!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom