Saints draft NT Johnathan Jenkins (1 Viewer)

jenkins, hicks, jordan, thats a lot of beef!!!

Wondering where he ranked among DTs in this draft? Anybody with a draft guide...

walterfootball had him as their #2 NT behind Star.
He has bottom 1st round talent for sure. He's going to drop because a 3-4 NT is not in demand like a 4-3 DT is right now. The Saints had a great second day with Armstead and Jenkins. Too bad they screwed up the first day skipping out on Jones.

Walterfootball says.

75. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: A Grade
It was sad to see Steve Gleason announce this pick. I don't understand why there's no cure for ALS yet, but hopefully that'll change soon. At any rate, the Saints made an outstanding selection with Terron Armstead, who is raw but has first-round talent. There was some speculation that Armstead could sneak into the end of the first round, so New Orleans just made a terrific value pick.

82. John Jenkins, NT, Georgia: A+ Grade
The Saints are absolutely killing this draft. John Jenkins was considered by some to be a late first-round prospect, but he fell because there just wasn't a league-wide need for nose tackles. The Saints probably don't mind too much because they needed a big defensive lineman in the middle of their new 3-4.

Jenkins had an inauspicious start as he suffered from heat exhaustion on his very first day at the Woodruff Practice Facility in the stifling August humidity. He simply arrived at Georgia too fat big, and, unfortunately, departed much the same way he showed up: closer to 400 lbs. than his ideal playing weight of around 340.

Well, that's interesting. I thought I heard ESPN say he was up to around 376 this past season and dropped some weight? Dude better stay away from the Popeye's unlike J. Sullivan.

NFL Draft Player Profile: John Jenkins - Dawg Sports

NOLA and eating prob not a good thing. :mwink:

Walterfootball says.

75. Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff: A Grade
It was sad to see Steve Gleason announce this pick. I don't understand why there's no cure for ALS yet, but hopefully that'll change soon. At any rate, the Saints made an outstanding selection with Terron Armstead, who is raw but has first-round talent. There was some speculation that Armstead could sneak into the end of the first round, so New Orleans just made a terrific value pick.

82. John Jenkins, NT, Georgia: A+ Grade
<b>The Saints are absolutely killing this draft.</b>John Jenkins was considered by some to be a late first-round prospect, but he fell because there just wasn't a league-wide need for nose tackles. The Saints probably don't mind too much because they needed a big defensive lineman in the middle of their new 3-4.

This post has made me feel better than anything else today. Especially the bolded part.

Don't wanna start a new thread right now, mods busy enough. Anybody notice all 3 picks so far can play multiple positions? KV 3 positions. Read the T can slide over and play guard by some NFL ppl beliefs. Jenkins can play all over the line in a 3-4. Makes them all more valuable.

So who needs a Star when you can play with "Dynomite" JJ.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Man this pick was like getting 2 guys- because by picking up a beefy NT, we may have just gained a DE since it frees up Hicks.

Payton just said in his presser that they got a great inside track on Jenkins when they interviewed Grantham for the open DC job! Sneaky devils!!!

Based on every draft sites' post draft analysis, we basically got 3 1st round talents with each one of our first 3 picks!! wow :worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom