Saints Draft Picks by Round Since 2002 (1 Viewer)

WhoDat7

Veteran
Reaction score
Blog and Gold

This blog breaks down how the Saints have drafted by round for the last 5 years. Kinda interesting to see it in that way. Looks like we suck at 6th round picks

Have we ever went BPA in the 3rd round? It seems like we only went for a need in this round. Time to change stradegy

5/7 in first (though meachem might still pan out) 4/6 in 2nd, third...well, young and alleman could still contribute, couple starters and a backup out of the 4th, getting anything past that is pure gravy...

Chase Lyman stands out as a terrible pick. Roydell Williams was on the board and we passed him up. This year he had 55 catches for a half-mentally challenged passing offense in Tennessee.

Three seventh rounders on the team. One star in Colston. Strief has the ability to start and if he was placed at RT, could dominate. Evans got his shot due to injuries and look how well he turned out. Mitchell is a good special teamer.

All factors considered, it appears that the 2006 draft made a lot of the ground lost with Haslett's drafts (2002-2005). Somehow, I think we'll do quite well this year... just got a feelin'

BTW, nice blog... and with that Sherman Hensley & Isabel Sanford ("The Jeffersons") photo, it might be a fitting time to say that the Saints are "...movin on up!" :cool:

:gosaints:

Chase Lyman stands out as a terrible pick. Roydell Williams was on the board and we passed him up. This year he had 55 catches for a half-mentally challenged passing offense in Tennessee.

That one does sting.

agreed pancho LOL

Update...

BTW, nice blog... and with that Sherman Hensley & Isabel Sanford ("The Jeffersons") photo, it might be a fitting time to say that the Saints are "...movin on up!" :cool:

Glad you like that blog as much as I do. I thought I would let you know they moved to...

Canal Street Chronicles :: An SB Nation Blog for Who Dat's Everywhere!

Same stuff, same writer, just different site. It's actually part of SB Nation so its pretty respectable and much better. You can post mini-blogs called diaries to rant and share rumors and thoughts, that everyone can comment on, just like on here. And you can check out all the other teams sites too. Sorry for sounding like an ad.

Here's hopin' the Saints ARE movin on up!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom