Saints Draft Prospect, Gamebreaker WR Laviska Shenault, Jr. (1 Viewer)

Shenault is a possibility at 24. My questions are how fast is he--he ran a 4.58 40 at the Combine, but did so with a core injury for which he had surgery days later. And how much will a likely truncated preseason affect his performance as a rookie.

Last edited:
Shenault is a possibility at 24. My questions are how fast is he,--he ran a 4.58 40 at the Combine, but did so with a core injury for which he had surgery days later. And how much will a likely truncated preseason affect his performance as a rookie.
As CGM (MT) and AJ Brown proved the questions that really matter are

1) how QUICK is he
2) how dominant is he at the catch point.

Shenault, Higgins, and Jauan Jennings are players who buck conventional wisdom when it comes to sheer measurables.

Viska intriguing player that SP would love to have in his tool box. Is all a out YAC beast would fit well in the future with Taysom.

Was listening to NFL radio earlier and Ed McCafferey was talking about us drafting Tee Higgins ? What type of WR do we actually need and who actually be there when we pick realistically ? Should we go with another big guy like Thomas for outside the hashes or a slot guy that’s quick and fast ? I mean Sanders is a filler for a couple years so I’m not counting him as our future at all.

I was looking for a WR draft post but this one will work just fine.

As deep as the WR class is, the Saints may choose to address another area in round 1 and take a WR later. Obviously that depends on value. For instance, if one of the big 3 fall (Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs) that all goes out the window.

I like Shenault, but his medicals are going to make him fall some. Coach P said that this abbreviated draft process will make our FO leery of players coming off of injuries because our medical staff won't be able to look them over.

As a Colorado Alum myself... YES, PLEASE!

I've watched every CU game that he was in and the dude was by far the brightest spot on the Buffs last couple years. Side note: I think that CU QB Steven Montez would be a good sleeper and third string QB but I wouldn't be surprised if Broncos pick him up either late in the draft or as a UDFA especially since he played with Lindsay.

I know there seems to be some doubt in here from people that haven't actually watched him play. Trust me... This dude passes the eye test. I would be beyond thrilled if the Saints can land him in the draft.

I hope not. The only receivers I would be good with taking in the first would be Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, or Jefferson. We can get a really good receiver in the 3rd or 4th. I like a ton of receivers in this draft like 30
Keep an eye on Brandon Aiyuk. I think he’s a dark-horse candidate for the first. I generally think they take a QB or someone like Queen or Jefferson. But if they are gone, Aiyuk, surprisingly, could get the call.

Genius idea...let’s draft another injured player so he’s unavailable when we need him most.

Pass please.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom