Saints' Drew Brees displeased with Roger Goodell's silence on blown call (1 Viewer)

• Admin
mike_triplett.png

By Mike Triplett | ESPN Staff Writer

METAIRIE, La. -- Drew Brees took issue with the fact that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell waited 10 days to publicly address the officiating error that went against the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship Game.

Brees made the media rounds Friday at the Super Bowl. While he repeatedly stressed that the Saints can only control what they can control, which includes errors they made in the game before and after the missed pass interference and helmet-to-helmet no-calls, Brees also expressed his disappointment over Goodell's silence.

"I think that we all recognize that being in that position, you are the face of the league. And you have the responsibility to come out and address issues when they come about," Brees told "The Dan Patrick Show." "And I would say that on Monday or Tuesday after that game we all deserved a response of some kind.

"I mean, do I really want to be in a position talking about this over and over again? No. But I have to stand up and do it because I have to represent my team, represent the Who Dat nation, and that's my responsibility. So it's the commissioner's responsibility to do the same thing, and yet we don't hear a peep for 10 days. And it's because he has to do it now because he's at the Super Bowl and he does his annual press conference."

Brees made similar comments on the "Today" show, adding, "I don't think he really said much during most of that press conference." ...

Full Story - ESPN.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom