Saints DT Sheldon Rankins' offseason was spent finding ways to 'win quick' and 'win now' (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1533922135821.png

By Nick Underhill | The Advocate

Sheldon Rankins believes that it is his fault when he doesn’t win a repetition.

It doesn’t matter who is lined up against him. If he is doing the things he is supposed to do, the Saints defensive tackle feels like he should win every rush.

“I definitely feel like any time I line up against somebody if they’re blocking me I did something wrong,” Rankins said.

That sounds like a big statement, but it isn’t a new feeling for Rankins. He is a student of the game who studies himself and his opponents. He can often figure out why he didn't win. That doesn’t mean he can win every single time, but Rankins believes he has improved in areas that will help it happen more often and entered the offseason with a mantra: "Win quick and win now."

Rankins spent his offseason studying his losses and realized how often offensive linemen were jump setting him to counter his quickness. So, after spending his first offseason focused on getting and staying healthy, he spent this past offseason trying to improve his hand speed. ...

Full Story - The Advocate

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom