Article Saints, Eagles expected to be two of the most aggressive teams at the trade deadline (1 Viewer)

Dome Patrol 51

Who Dat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Both teams are seeing if there is a cornerback available at the right price who could bolster their secondary, sources said, and while the Eagles have been exploring trades for running backs for weeks, they are also open to adding a receiver, as well, sources said."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-most-aggressive-teams-at-the-trade-deadline/

Is this just Jason speculating or is it really a rumor and expected?

Last edited:
I'm guessing speculation. The Saints have one glaring hole on an otherwise SB-ready roster, and Payton has always been aggressive with trades and FA. I think Payton already went all in on Davenport. I just can't see him trading more picks for a corner, and I can't think of a position of enough depth to make a solid starter tradeable. Maybe Ginn Jr before the injury.

Yep hes going fishing again. His sources are most likely other GMs who he asked what do you think other teams are gonna do.

Would love to see him get trolled by us again, though

I'm guessing speculation. The Saints have one glaring hole on an otherwise SB-ready roster, and Payton has always been aggressive with trades and FA. I think Payton already went all in on Davenport. I just can't see him trading more picks for a corner, and I can't think of a position of enough depth to make a solid starter tradeable. Maybe Ginn Jr before the injury.

I would say 2 glaring holes. CB and Offensive line depth

Yeah sounds more like speculation. I'm sure they are looking around, but I doubt they are pushing to make something happen. Any major improvement on this team will come at a steep price. Maybe you try to add a corner prospect but you really aren't doing a whole lot unless you go after a sure-fire starter. I don't think we have resources for a piece like that. The cap is tight, we don't have an obvious player to trade and we don't have much draft capital.

LaCanfora is rarely right about such speculation, but it did make my heart flutter a bit to consider the possibility of the Saints adding Patrick Peterson and Emmanuel Sanders. :9:

Also, it doesn't take a crystal ball to predict that the Eagles could add a running back.

I think Arthur Maulet is a free agent. Maybe we should bring him back. It definitely won’t cost another draft pick.

I think Arthur Maulet is a free agent. Maybe we should bring him back. It definitely won’t cost another draft pick.

The Colts picked him up. I'm not sure he's the answer at starter anyway.

I’d trade RB Mark Ingram & CB Ken Crawley to the Eagles for CB Ronald Darby, RB Darren Sproles, & TE Dallas Goedert LOLOL
But why.. We still have a 3rd round pick. Mark Ingram is more valuable than that..

But why.. We still have a 3rd round pick. Mark Ingram is more valuable than that..

We still have a 2nd round pick.

My reasons:
1. Don’t want to resign Ingram, so getting something for him would be great IMO
2. Kamara is good enough to be the every down back
3. Would love to have Sproles back as our backup to Kamara
4. I think Darby or Mills(whoever we like better or think is the better fit for our D) is an upgrade to Crawley
5. Dallas Goedert would be our starting tight end going forward after this year. Ben Watson isn’t getting any younger lol.

Maybe I would try to get a pick too. Or swap our 4th for their 3rd. Mark Ingram is almost 30. He’s not that valuable IMO. He is to us, but I think the other 3 players in the trade would be just as valuable this year and going forward

My reasons:
4. I think Darby or Mills(whoever we like better or think is the better fit for our D) is an upgrade to Crawley
5. Dallas Goedert would be our starting tight end going forward after this year. Ben Watson isn’t getting any younger lol.

Maybe I would try to get a pick too. Or swap our 4th for their 3rd. Mark Ingram is almost 30. He’s not that valuable IMO. He is to us, but I think the other 3 players in the trade would be just as valuable this year and going forward

Oh so your reasoning is as bad as your unrealistic trade.

My reasons:

You didn’t “feel” the difference in our offense without Mark? The ability to just pound the rock and wear out a defense shouldn’t go unnoticed. Getting the LB and Safety to step up 1 step on a play action is “huge”!!! When we’re up by 3 in the fourth, who would we have to do that?!?!

My reasons:

BTW, Mark is beloved by his teammates, this would really put a damper on our momentum and locker room. Even if your getting better talent back, it’s still not a move a veteran team would make. But I love trade scenarios, keep em coming my man!! Enjoy envisioning what if’s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom