Saints excited for Sheldon Rankins debut (1 Viewer)

I wonder how they are planning to use him. Fairely has been one of our best lineman so you don't want to take him out. Rankins is a 3 down player who could play DE sometimes too.

I wonder how they are planning to use him. Fairely has been one of our best lineman so you don't want to take him out. Rankins is a 3 down player who could play DE sometimes too.

Given the injury and return to game speed, I would expect a split workload for the two guys. Remember though, Rankins won the starting job in TC, the dude is really, really good.

Jordan, Rankins, and Fairley on the field at the same time on passing downs is going to be a blast to watch though. While not "fast," all three guys are quick enough to really cut down on running QB's angles and lanes.

Graham is a DE. Rankins is a 3-tech DT. He'll be rotating with Fairly and taking some of Onyemata's snaps. He'll be going up against Garnett and Beadles. The only trick Kap has in his arsenal is extending plays with his legs. In this game, we'll see what Rankins does vs a weak O-line and a Jr. High version of Cam Newton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom