Saints expected to interview Aaron Glenn for HC (1 Viewer)

The BEST thing coach Sean Payton could do for the Saints now

Rumor Senior Bowl week Rumor Mill (Saints related)

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
I hope that’s the case. I just wouldn’t want them to settle on DA without fully searching. If it ends up that DA is the best, I’m good.
Gayle already said they will be thorough in the process and look both inside and outside the organization. I would go by that

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Not sure how I feel about this. I like him and thought he did well as DB coach here, but Detroit's D last year was quite bad.
Allen would still be in charge of the defense. Glenn just has to focus on timeouts and when to go for it on 4th down, lol

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
And you can bet there are some coaches on playoff teams who will be looked at as well. The Saints will be thorough, this thing about them just interviewing DA and Glenn is silly

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
I can’t see it but he’d be a great choice. I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t at least get an interview, especially looking at this.

Saints are going to definitely look at him. Whether it goes as far as an interview we will see. No way you can not look at him and consider him. And he checks all the boxes for what the Saints need as far as offensive minded coach, former SB winner, 4-2 in playoffs with backup QB play

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
She also said the day before Sean announced that she hadn’t a clue what he was going to do so…
No one in the organization knew what he was going to do but Sean. Coaches didn't know, players found out last minute. Even the people Sean does talk to like Jay Glazer admitted Sean changes his mind every 2 minutes. I don't buy they were holding a big secret from us, and if they did know prior to him returning they had just found out and was going to let Sean announce it and that was the right thing to do

And Gayle is not going to lie about being thorough looking for a new coach, you are really reaching here. Why would she?

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
While I'm not sure what else she would say, I do believe she means it.
Well if you believe she means it then obviously she isn't just giving a publicly appeasing response then lol. Furthermore it would only hurt the organization to not be thorough, so yeah that doesn't fall into giving the public what they want to hear category it's simply the smart and right thing to do

Mamba

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest negative I can find with the whole idea of hiring someone familiar like Glenn who will keep our staff in tact...is the reality that next season (presumably) when Payton resumes coaching, he'll pick our current staff clean anyway. Might not be the wrong idea to start fresh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

The BEST thing coach Sean Payton could do for the Saints now

Rumor Senior Bowl week Rumor Mill (Saints related)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest SaintsReport Originals

Utopia Draft: The Saints' Ideal (Realistic) Scenario
By Dan Levy - posted 4/28/2022

Sea Change: Taysom Hill's "New" Role and What it Means for the Saints
By Dan Levy - posted 4/06/2022

Q&A: AMA (Ask Me Anything) with Dan Levy
5/8/22 | 4/20/22

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines