Saints expected to interview Aaron Glenn for HC (1 Viewer)

They also asked for permission to interview Leftwich. If they don't interview more than three people, I'll be disappointed by the search. But, I suspect they are just getting started. There are going to be issues setting interviews because we are very late getting started, some guys are already way down the road on jobs, and some guys may still be coaching in the playoffs.
I hope that’s the case. I just wouldn’t want them to settle on DA without fully searching. If it ends up that DA is the best, I’m good.

Not sure how I feel about this. I like him and thought he did well as DB coach here, but Detroit's D last year was quite bad.
Allen would still be in charge of the defense. Glenn just has to focus on timeouts and when to go for it on 4th down, lol

And you can bet there are some coaches on playoff teams who will be looked at as well. The Saints will be thorough, this thing about them just interviewing DA and Glenn is silly

I can’t see it but he’d be a great choice. I’d be disappointed if he doesn’t at least get an interview, especially looking at this.

Saints are going to definitely look at him. Whether it goes as far as an interview we will see. No way you can not look at him and consider him. And he checks all the boxes for what the Saints need as far as offensive minded coach, former SB winner, 4-2 in playoffs with backup QB play

When PJ Williams shows improvement under another DB coach other than Glenn, that's a huge indictment on him.
PJ Williams has essentially switched positions. He’s playing a whole lot more at safety than CB.

She also said the day before Sean announced that she hadn’t a clue what he was going to do so…
No one in the organization knew what he was going to do but Sean. Coaches didn't know, players found out last minute. Even the people Sean does talk to like Jay Glazer admitted Sean changes his mind every 2 minutes. I don't buy they were holding a big secret from us, and if they did know prior to him returning they had just found out and was going to let Sean announce it and that was the right thing to do

And Gayle is not going to lie about being thorough looking for a new coach, you are really reaching here. Why would she?

And? Apparently the assistant coaches didn't even know what he was going to do until 30 minutes before his press conference.
She’s THE OWNER of the team and she knew enough to tell him to think over it on vacation. She has a great poker face

While I'm not sure what else she would say, I do believe she means it.
Well if you believe she means it then obviously she isn't just giving a publicly appeasing response then lol. Furthermore it would only hurt the organization to not be thorough, so yeah that doesn't fall into giving the public what they want to hear category it's simply the smart and right thing to do

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom