Saints Expected to Place 1st rd tender on RFA Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
Interesting.

Not sure if anyone will put up that 1st rounder.. but if they do... what a decision to make.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Saints</a> are expected to place a first-round tender on RFA Taysom Hill, per <a href="https://twitter.com/peter_king?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@peter_king</a>. They will have the right to match any offer Hill receives and if they choose not to match, they will receive a first-round draft pick from the team obtaining Hill.</p>&mdash; CTB (@catchtheblitz) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mental Floss

Banned
Reaction score
If we actually counted, how many positions does Taysom fill? What I'm getting at is the positional flexibility he allows by being able to play multiple spots is an invaluable trait that allows us to have more depth at other positions. The converse is if he goes down, then who plays all of those spots.

QB3
Special Team Gunner
As far as offense, do you count him as like maybe TE3? Or H Back?

Am I missing anything else?

Anyway, just those 3 positions, adding them together, plus the emotional charge he seems to give the team every other game that to me def gets you to a 1st round value.
Yeah TE3 is undervaluing him a tad unless you meant 3rd in the NFL. BTW he is not on this list as he is not a TE.

Taysom 6 TD in 19 catches

1581806487114.png

Reaction score
If nothing else, this Taysom Hill story is kind of fun to follow. I don't even pretend to know what's going to happen with him. I do think he's a potential starter at QB, but he hasn't necessarily proven he can be successful on a full-time basis. If Payton thinks so, I trust him, but just from other teams' perspectives, I'd think he's too much of a gamble to offer a large contract to. It would take a team that really sees something in him and would take such a chance. He's been great for us, but most of his snaps have not been at QB. It's a very unique situation.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the question is would you give up our late first round pick for Hill if he was on another team ?
Not sure if l would to be honest, though lord knows l want to keep him
The hype train has people thinking Hill can step in a lead an NFL offense but our best bet is for Brees to come back and (per NFL mock drafts) go after Jordan Love and develop him.

Taysom is a great story but if he was the heir apparent HE not Teddy would of taken the reigns when Brees went down.

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
My biggest concern if/when Taysom Hill gets his shot to start full time at QB will be/is his health. His style of play is very physical, and he’d have to navigate that.

lvsaintsfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I’d someone signed Taysom to an offer sheet and the Saints don’t match, do we get a 1st rounder this year or next year?

Mental Floss

Banned
Reaction score
If nothing else, this Taysom Hill story is kind of fun to follow. I don't even pretend to know what's going to happen with him. I do think he's a potential starter at QB, but he hasn't necessarily proven he can be successful on a full-time basis. If Payton thinks so, I trust him, but just from other teams' perspectives, I'd think he's too much of a gamble to offer a large contract to. It would take a team that really sees something in him and would take such a chance. He's been great for us, but most of his snaps have not been at QB. It's a very unique situation.
Be fun to see it play out. I would argue he is not that big a risk. The contract could have exits for the team if he does not pan out. $12 million is a heck of a bargain if he does pan out.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
It'd be the most awesome thing ever if we franchised Teddy and tender Taysom, and two teams bit and acquired them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom