Saints Expected to Place 1st rd tender on RFA Taysom Hill (2 Viewers)

Why else would Sean have been talking him up? I don't think they really want to lose him or else they would have put a second round tender on him. If they really wanted to keep him, though, they would sign him to a contract. This is going to be an interesting free agency period.

I thought I heard King say that on PFT this morning. Payton said something of the sort to him. No one with an early draft pick will risk it on Hill, but anyone from 20 to 32 might and load it upfront to make it a poison pill for the Saints.

Strief was asked about it last hour on WWL. He said with the success of Lamar Jackson last season he wouldn’t be surprised if a team with a late first tried to put together an offer we couldn’t match.

First Round tender. If another team makes an offer, then you really have to look at where that pick is in the draft. If it a late first-round pick, then you have to really look at the contract offer and make a decision. If a team higher than 20 or so decides to make a play, you really have to think about just taking the pick.

Does anyone think that the Patriots at pick #23 could make a play for Hill? If they "let" Tom Brady leave, that would be a perfect situation for Hill and the Patriots.

Why else would Sean have been talking him up? I don't think they really want to lose him or else they would have put a second round tender on him. If they really wanted to keep him, though, they would sign him to a contract. This is going to be an interesting free agency period.

Either coach really likes Taysom or he’d really like to get a first round pick for him. Could be either one.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Taysom Hill views himself as a franchise quarterback; &quot;If the Saints don&#39;t view me that way, well then I have to leave,&quot; Hill recently told <a href="https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@RobMaaddi</a> <a href="https://t.co/3RDjyuWLKI">https://t.co/3RDjyuWLKI</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="">February 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL, he ain't going no where. This is all FA ploys. I'm cool with giving him 5 mil per year as a multi-use player but no one is commit to making him their starting QB.

First Round tender. If another team makes an offer, then you really have to look at where that pick is in the draft. If it a late first-round pick, then you have to really look at the contract offer and make a decision. If a team higher than 20 or so decides to make a play, you really have to think about just taking the pick.

Does anyone think that the Patriots at pick #23 could make a play for Hill? If they "let" Tom Brady leave, that would be a perfect situation for Hill and the Patriots.
I was listening to an NFL Off-season Podcast this afternoon, and that was one possibility they brought up even if Brady stays for another year or so.

One of the hosts (a New England fan) speculated that Belichick / McDaniels are enamored with the thought of having an Offensive weapon as versatile as Taysom Hill in that he fulfills so many roles other than being a Quarterback. McDaniels also loves his trick plays and having another guy who can throw the Football along with Edelman opens up so many trick play possibilities, reverse throwbacks..etc..

They also mentioned giving up pick #23 won't be so bad for them because that means they would view him as the new heir apparent to Brady after two seasons or so. If they like Taysome better than some of the QBs in this Draft.. Love, Eason, Fromm... then why not give up their first this year?

I love love love my Taysom jerseys ... but... I'm still a Who Dat!! I'll take the #23.

I think Taysom is get a 7.5 to 8 million per year offer. I'm willing to bet the Saints would go to 12 million per year. If someone offers him starting QB 17 to 20 million, he'll be in a different uniform next year

Some of you people have lost your damned minds.

They paid the guy in front of Taysom on the depth chart $7mm last year. There's no way they're going to pay him $5 million per year more than that.

$12mm/year is what Keenan Allen makes. Good grief.

They paid the guy in front of Taysom on the depth chart $7mm last year. There's no way they're going to pay him $5 million per year more than that.

Well Taysom is a better QB than Keenan Allen so he should command more

Saints are only putting that 1st round tender on him because they know that the Bengals will sign Taysom - we won't match... and we can get the #1 overall pick from them to draft Burreaux....

giphy.gif
There's no way the Bengals are gonna miss out on Joe for Taysom. That would be retarted.

What Whine would you like served with your Crow this spring?

1581381250967.png

The rumor I heard is that Taysom has asked to be tendered as a first right of refusal. (lowest tender). His agent does not want him to sign a multi year tender unless there is a full test of his market value.

If he is tendered as a first round then any offer he gets would be discounted by whatever the perceived cash value of the particular draft pick is.

The saints are actually considering this. If They go the expected route and 1st round him then in 2021 he will be even more valuable and an URFA. So, if they agree to his request then Taysom will be open to signing a multi year deal at a fair valuation.

In other words. Loomis if you play fair with me I'll lock myself in as a Saint. Otherwise I'll more likely follow the money in 2021.

It makes sense for the Saints. Taysom's value is likely to rise considerably if he gets a lot more QB time this year and does well.

Someone asked which pick a team with more than one 1st round has to forfeit. I believe it is buyer's choice.

Miami could give their 26th pick for Taysom as an example or the Panthers could deal their 7th pick for a late 1st round plus compensation and then use that late round to buy Taysom. Get double value for their pick.

If I remember right a team has to give up THEIR pick. It cant be one they traded for. Only the one they "earned".

If that's right the fins would have to give up their 4th not one of the later ones.

But I could be wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom