ktmoze

VIP Subscribing Member
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Brees vs Chiefs.jpg

Bob Rose analyzes the Saints' 2020 Opponent, The Kansas City Chiefs

I feel that Andy Reid's game plan copied what the Saints offense did from the late 2000s to mid 2010s.

Tough for me to view any AFC team as our "enemy" .. if/when we make it to Tampa, this discussion will be worth the effort. Until then, we're staring down a ridiculous gauntlet of real enemies to size up.

This game will be like every other game in the fact that injuries will play a big role. Whoever is the healthiest team will probably win. The thing that I want to see is how the Chiefs handle the target on their back. Overall Iā€™m really looking forward to this game more than any other game that doesnā€™t have us playing a team from our division.

That's t the one issue I have with coaching staff. They can gamelan a tough opponent like no other, but when it should be able to line up and win easily, it becomes a difficult game.

I still do not understand why people do not seem to realize that the margin between the "good" teams and the "bad" teams is very small. Often what separates these teams is coaching, cohesion, and playmakers that can consistently make plays.

----

I still do not understand why people do not seem to realize that the margin between the "good" teams and the "bad" teams is very small. Often what separates these teams is coaching, cohesion, and playmakers that can consistently make plays.

----
It's hard to ignore the Saints history in regards to playing poorly against teams they should beat easily. It has to fall on the coaching.

It's hard to ignore the Saints history in regards to playing poorly against teams they should beat easily. It has to fall on the coaching.

We have the best record in league history over the past 3 years. We are literally the surest best in the league. EVERY team loses games versus "teams they should beat easily." If you actually compare our losses to other top contenders, it's impossible to say we are worse in that area than anyone else. Even if you can, to criticize our coaching as the reason is pretty silly. It's the NFL.

We have the best record in league history over the past 3 years. We are literally the surest best in the league. EVERY team loses games versus "teams they should beat easily." If you actually compare our losses to other top contenders, it's impossible to say we are worse in that area than anyone else. Even if you can, to criticize our coaching as the reason is pretty silly. It's the NFL.
You haven't read any of my previous posts. I'm fully supportive of Sean Payton. He is the best thing that's happened to the Saints. The Saints do show a tendency sometimes to play down to lesser teams. The Browns are 1 example.

You haven't read any of my previous posts. I'm fully supportive of Sean Payton. He is the best thing that's happened to the Saints. The Saints do show a tendency sometimes to play down to lesser teams. The Browns are 1 example.
I agree that this has happened on several different occasions. The joke use to be that if a rookie QB was going to start against us, he would have a field day!

I remember in 99 facing the winless Browns, or in 2002 facing the winless Lions (while we were 3-0), or being 5-2 and facing the winless Rams in 2011.
It has happened and coaching could possible be apart of it.

I remember during my playing days, we went to play an exhibition game against a team that was much smaller than us in size and players. We were deep in talent and when we saw the other team, we all joked and took it easy. Needless to say that the other whipped our butts pretty good.

I agree that this has happened on several different occasions. The joke use to be that if a rookie QB was going to start against us, he would have a field day!

I remember in 99 facing the winless Browns, or in 2002 facing the winless Lions (while we were 3-0), or being 5-2 and facing the winless Rams in 2011.
It has happened and coaching could possible be apart of it.

I remember during my playing days, we went to play an exhibition game against a team that was much smaller than us in size and players. We were deep in talent and when we saw the other team, we all joked and took it easy. Needless to say that the other whipped our butts pretty good.
I guess it sounded like I taking a shot at Sean. I really meant that it's the coach's job to make sure the team is up for every opponent.

I guess it sounded like I taking a shot at Sean. I really meant that it's the coach's job to make sure the team is up for every opponent.
Exactly. It didn't sound like it was a shot at him because most fans can recall that situations like this has happened quite often. All 3 of those losses were from 3 different eras.

My point is that it's impossible to name any other teams who don't have similar losses to "teams they should've beaten." If you actually look at the results and compare them to other teams, we've actually done BETTER especially in very recent history at taking care of business. It's just that the handful of examples like the Browns or Bucs or Falcons stick out in our memories.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom