Saints-Falcons game could produce NFL Rules Change: Mercy Rule (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Believe it or not this was posted on the Atlanta board by a long time Falcons poster.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3871348-falcons-saints-game-could-produce-nfl-rules-change/

If the Saints beat the Falcons something like 94-17 on Monday night the NFL Rules Committee may introduce, for the first time ever, a MERCY Rule, where if a team is leading by a min. of 75 points the game is suspended to avoid any unnesessary injuries.

Commissioner Roger Goodell will be watching closely.

He got -12 rep for it lol :hihi:

Awwww...Poor wittle falcons fans. But I thought Matt Ryan was the best QB in the league, Michael Turner is an unstoppable force, Roddy White is the best WR in the league, and Jerious Norwood is ten times better than Reggie Bush could ever hope to be. What happened?

If this was even serious, it would never happen. Most contracts have incentive clauses and the NFLPA would want the players to reach as many as possible.

Atlanta is a GOOD team. A very good team that is capable of beating us. At 6-0, we ARE NOT the juggernaut that the Patriots were when they were undefeated.

I am not saying that the Falcons are better than us or that they will win. But teams in the NFL (especially within the division) are not just going to roll over when they see the Fleur De Lis on the helmets.

Even though the come from behind victory vs. the Dolphins was AWESOME, it shows that we are BEATABLE. What happens if Ted Ginn catches the ball instead of bobbling it into Darren Sharper's hands? WHat happens if Colston's catch at the end of the half was correctly called and the clock runs out?

Then again, we're just fans, right? We can eat the cheese as long as the players aren't...

Atlanta is a GOOD team. A very good team that is capable of beating us. At 6-0, we ARE NOT the juggernaut that the Patriots were when they were undefeated.

Ah, excuse me? Don't you know who we are?!

6a00d834517b5669e200e55.jpg

We're the god **** JUGGERNAUT *****!!!

/I'd link the clip of the movie, but family friendly and all. Tell ya what though; go google "juggernaut <insert 5 letter word that refers to a female dog>

At 6-0, we ARE NOT the juggernaut that the Patriots were when they were undefeated.

I may be the only one ready to say this, but I think we are that juggernaut. I think our O's are close to equal, and our D is better than 2007 Pats. Schedule lines up nice. Better home environment.

Ah, excuse me? Don't you know who we are?!

6a00d834517b5669e200e55.jpg

We're the god **** JUGGERNAUT *****!!!

/I'd link the clip of the movie, but family friendly and all. Tell ya what though; go google "juggernaut <insert 5="" letter="" word="" that="" refers="" to="" a="" female="" dog="">

:9:

</insert>

Attachments

• saints_juggernaut.jpg
    saints_juggernaut.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 221
The 07 Pats were undefeated until the SB. We are 6-0. We have quite a ways to go.

It is looking good for us though.

I am not saying that the Falcons are better than us or that they will win. But teams in the NFL (especially within the division) are not just going to roll over when they see the Fleur De Lis on the helmets.

Even though the come from behind victory vs. the Dolphins was AWESOME, it shows that we are BEATABLE. What happens if Ted Ginn catches the ball instead of bobbling it into Darren Sharper's hands? WHat happens if Colston's catch at the end of the half was correctly called and the clock runs out?

Then again, we're just fans, right? We can eat the cheese as long as the players aren't...

Precisely. Please read the above & assimilate. No prizes handed out in October.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom