Saints, Falcons, or Bucs (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
With about half the season over, the Falcons hold a 1 1/2 game lead over the Saints and Bucs. Carolina is in the distance at 4th.
Who's your pick to finish as NFC South Champion?
I think the Saints have a decent shot.
Obviously, Thursday's game is very important. If the Bucs win, the division lead will shrink to a half a game with a win at the 49ers. If the Falcons and Saints win Thursday and Sunday, it will be New Orleans Vs Atlanta for the division the rest of the way.

If we beat SF. We going to have to break our 4-4 curse against the Denver Broncos. If we can beat them. Then, we will have a chance. If we go 4-5. Writing is on the wall.

I hate to say it, but Carolina is not a distant 4th. They are 2-5, only one game back of us at 3-4. We lose on Thursday night to them in a couple weeks and we could end up tied with them.

All four teams are in play for the division

I hate to say it, but Carolina is not a distant 4th. They are 2-5, only one game back of us at 3-4. We lose on Thursday night to them in a couple weeks and we could end up tied with them.

Pretty much, they are somewhat distant in separation from Atlanta, but that can change pretty quickly. Carolina's issue is they haven't been playing well, but they beat a decent Cardinals team, and if they string wins together, they will pose problems for the rest of the south. I wouldn't count them out either.

The south is very competitive and it's gonna be interesting to see who gets hot. Might come down to the last week or 2.

Yes, this.

This Falcons team is unfortunately way better than last year. Had GB beaten them (as it looked like in the 4th Q) then I would be more optimistic of another NFC South champ. The Bucs are not good enough to beat the Falcons in the next game. So I say Falcons

If I had to bet on it right now, I'd say the Falcons run away with it. I really hate to say it, but that team is just clicking right now and seems to be the best of this group of average teams.

If we win the next two though, things will definitely be different.

I will feel a lot more confident if we are able to break our 4-4 death knell curse and climb over .500.

Some of y'all have a short memory regarding the Falcons.
I fully expect them to slip up before the season's done. Their defense is garbage. And now Julio is less than 100%?
I mean a few weeks ago,
they were flying high--only to come crashing back down to earth.
If GB would've had 30-45 more seconds, I know that they would've won last Sunday. Keep in mind, the Packers still had 2 time outs left.
Everyone here should know that a good offense isn't enough.
Atlanta's D is pathetic.
It will cost them come playoff time.

Yup. In 2013 and 2014, the Panthers overcame rough starts to win the division. It'll take more than a 2-5 start to knock them out of contention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom