Saints/Falcons players.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
With the post about free agents and Tevin Coleman, it got me thinking about players that have played at the top of the mountain and the bottom of the pit (aka NO/ATL).

The first 4 that came to mind are.....

Morten
Hebert
Lofton
Junior Miller

I’m sure there’s many more....feel free to add to the list.

I remember Joe Horn playing for the Falcons. He was emotionally hurt when he left the Saints, but realized the error of his ways and ingratiated himself back with the Who Dat Nation. Unlike Bobby Hebert, who's annoying bird flapping in the SuperDome still disgusts me and causes me to change the channel.

Nate Stupar played for the Falcons in '14 & '15

People forget how crappy Hebert was to us when he left.
Every time I start liking him again, he says something completely idiotic on the radio, usually in a drunken slur. I was really ticked off at him after the Minnesota game last year. This year, after the Rams debacle, he was going on and on about Josh Hill needing to "suck it up" after getting speared in the helmet; Kristin Garic had to explain to him the concussion protocol rules, and that it was out of his hands - "the Cajun Cannon" just continued to stumble and slur along - no doubt on his third six pack of the evening. Totally unprofessional.

Last edited:
People forget how crappy Hebert was to us when he left.

I actually kind of like Bobby. He had good reasons to be peeved off at the organization, but remained cool with the fans. Finks made his negotiations tough on Hebert. Mora always wanted to replace him with another QB (remember Steve Walsh?). To top it off, he was stuck in Carl Smith's 1950's offensive purgatory for about 7 years.

I actually kind of like Bobby. He had good reasons to be peeved off at the organization, but remained cool with the fans. Finks made his negotiations tough on Hebert. Mora always wanted to replace him with another QB (remember Steve Walsh?). To top it off, he was stuck in Carl Smith's 1950's offensive purgatory for about 7 years.
I don't really have any problems with him from his playing career; he was a pretty decent QB, and he definitely hung tough in the pocket. All my problems with him are with his unprofessional approach to radio - at times it is comical, but at other times it's hard to listen to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom