Saints @ Falcons - TNF, 7 December 2017 (1 Viewer)

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'll be in Atlanta for this one and looking to book accommodation very soon.

Any advice where to stay? The best way to get tickets and the best location to sit?

Importantly, is there a designated spot for Saints fans to meet-up prior to the game? How does tailgating generally work before a night game on a Thursday?

Plus, we'll be arriving on the Wednesday and leaving Saturday morning, so any information about places to see while we're there is much appreciated.

If you won't have access to transportation then you will probably want to find a hotel in the midtown/downtown area. There are hotels all around the stadium that are not seedy. You will always find a lot of Saints fans at the Hilton and Marriott Marquis.

The Atlanta chapter of the St. Augustine High School alumni club has a huge tailgate every year before the game outside the stadium. I'm sure if you're friendly you could hang out. That is my Dad's high school.

Hey Poison my wife and I are going to be driving up for this one on Wednesday leaving Friday. I'm looking forward to it. Haven't gotten my seats yet. Was hoping ATL would lose to the Cowboys this week and send the tickets into a nosedive. First time I've been to a game in ATL so I don't really know too much more than that. We booked a place on Airbnb because it was a lot cheaper then the hotels in the area. We should set up a spot for a Saintsreport tailgate or a bar somewhere. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully someone with more Atlanta knowledge answers.

I live here, didn't really go to many games at the Ga Dome and haven't been to any at the new stadium so not sure how tailgating is now. There used to be a strong presence of saints fans at this game, including lots of tailgaters, but not sure how that is now with the new stadium.

If you want to know good food places or anything like that I can help and remember Uber/Lyft are your friends. I would recommend parking at your hotel and not driving to the stadium.

A group of 5-6 of us are going up to the game. We are also meeting up with another group who will be tailgating all day Thursday. People are welcome to join! Shoot me a message if interested.

My group is staying at Hampton Inn and we are just walking everywhere.

A group of 5-6 of us are going up to the game. We are also meeting up with another group who will be tailgating all day Thursday. People are welcome to join! Shoot me a message if interested.

My group is staying at Hampton Inn and we are just walking everywhere.

While you are in walking distance, unless you're in a big group I wouldn't necessarily recommend it in that area.

Once you get close to the CNN Center you're in a safer area. Go to Park Bar if you're looking for food near the Stadium, everything else is just kind of meh on that side of 75.

If you want to go get some better food there are a ton of places in midtown which is on the other side of 75. Off of North Ave. Also the Ponce City Market area is exploding with good restaurants and breweries.

While you are in walking distance, unless you're in a big group I wouldn't necessarily recommend it in that area.

Once you get close to the CNN Center you're in a safer area. Go to Park Bar if you're looking for food near the Stadium, everything else is just kind of meh on that side of 75.

If you want to go get some better food there are a ton of places in midtown which is on the other side of 75. Off of North Ave. Also the Ponce City Market area is exploding with good restaurants and breweries.

This is going to be our 5th game in Atlanta and we have always just walked everywhere. Can't be much worse than Nola :hihi:

This is going to be our 5th game in Atlanta and we have always just walked everywhere. Can't be much worse than Nola :hihi:

Gotcha man, you should be fine. There have been a tad too many muggings and shootings for my liking but I can't say it's more than normal. I'm still trying to figure out a way to go to this one.

Hey Poison my wife and I are going to be driving up for this one on Wednesday leaving Friday. I'm looking forward to it. Haven't gotten my seats yet. Was hoping ATL would lose to the Cowboys this week and send the tickets into a nosedive. First time I've been to a game in ATL so I don't really know too much more than that. We booked a place on Airbnb because it was a lot cheaper then the hotels in the area. We should set up a spot for a Saintsreport tailgate or a bar somewhere. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully someone with more Atlanta knowledge answers.

Thanks BuffaloSaint. Let me know how you go with tickets - I'm thinking we just have to bite the bullet by the end of this week because we leave for the US next Saturday and I'd like to have everything sorted before we do. It's crazy that level 1 seats are $250+ on Stubhub when the stadium never looks full on TV.

We are staying two nights at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis (Wednesday/Thursday) and then one night closer to the airport (we have a 6.30am flight to LA on the Saturday morning).

Meachemdat - which areas are safe and which are not? It looks like the Hampton Inn is very close to where we're staying on Peachtree Ave.
I've got to say, as much as I love the US (and this is my sixth trip over), I'm a bit naïve with respect to the whole "don't walk there" concept. One of the good things about Aus is that you can pretty much walk anywhere in a major city at any time.

Great tips re the midtown area as well. We were also considering going to Moondogs in Buckhead (for the exclusive reason that "Moondog" is our friend's nickname) but I know nothing about that bar or area at all.

OutlawSaint - I added you to Facebook yesterday mate. First name is Lynden. Might be seeing you on both sides of the country!

Thanks BuffaloSaint. Let me know how you go with tickets - I'm thinking we just have to bite the bullet by the end of this week because we leave for the US next Saturday and I'd like to have everything sorted before we do. It's crazy that level 1 seats are $250+ on Stubhub when the stadium never looks full on TV.

We are staying two nights at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis (Wednesday/Thursday) and then one night closer to the airport (we have a 6.30am flight to LA on the Saturday morning).

Meachemdat - which areas are safe and which are not? It looks like the Hampton Inn is very close to where we're staying on Peachtree Ave.
I've got to say, as much as I love the US (and this is my sixth trip over), I'm a bit naïve with respect to the whole "don't walk there" concept. One of the good things about Aus is that you can pretty much walk anywhere in a major city at any time.

Great tips re the midtown area as well. We were also considering going to Moondogs in Buckhead (for the exclusive reason that "Moondog" is our friend's nickname) but I know nothing about that bar or area at all.

OutlawSaint - I added you to Facebook yesterday mate. First name is Lynden. Might be seeing you on both sides of the country!

Sounds good! So you're going to the Rams game too? I'm definitely looking forward to both. I'll send you a message on Facebook later on!

Buckhead has some cool stuff and Midtown is a great area with a lot of good food. Ponce City Market is worth a visit.

As far as safe areas go, it's really not that simple in Atlanta. It's like any major city, you could be in an upscale neighborhood and be a block away from an area you don't want to walk through. My biggest advice is, if you're walking just make sure you're in a group. Other than that, Uber is cheap in the city and a ride won't usually cost your more than $7.

If you are looking for places to go:

Buckhead:
Holeman and Finch Public House
Tin Lizzy's (right across from a comedy club)
Grindhouse Killer Burgers
Pho King (if you like Pho)
Fantasy Land Records (great record store)

Midtown:
Escorpion
Vortex (burgers)
Ri Ra' Irish Pub
Tap (amazing food)
Taco Mac (midtown location, the one by the stadium is terrible)

Ponce City Market:
It's a warehouse full of high end restaurants, can't go wrong here.
While you're in the area, go to - two urban licks and Bantam pub

Little 5: (must see spot)
Front page news (New Orleans city style food)
Savage Pizza (best pizza in town)
Another Vortex Location
If you like record stores, here is where they are.

Breakfast:

People all over Atlanta will tell you to go to a flying biscuit location...don't.
Instead grab a cup of coffee in the hotel, call an Uber and go to these two locations for incredible breakfast -

Folk Art Restaurant
Manuel's Tavern

I would suggest letting people drive you everywhere, you'll have more fun that way. Atlanta traffic can make you want to set fire to your car, and you don't want that headache on vacation.

Lastly...if anyone sees any cheap tickets available let me know. Can't justify paying $150 for nose bleeds after just buying dome tickets.

Is there anyone doing a group ride or charter bus headed that way? Haven't secured tix to the game but my uncle and I are interested in going. Most likely, we're gonna drive up.

Is there anyone doing a group ride or charter bus headed that way? Haven't secured tix to the game but my uncle and I are interested in going. Most likely, we're gonna drive up.

We are just driving up but my group is planning on tailgating if y'all want to join. Everyone is welcome!

Prices for the tickets are still pretty obscene. Looks like they're not going to go down much either.

Any ideas the sections where Saints fans will be sitting? Our preference is on the first level.

Ech. Just bit the bullet and paid $1000US for three tickets in section 132. Apparently near the visitors tunnel on level 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom