Saints Fan in UAE (1 Viewer)

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score
Hey,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this,.....

I am moving to teach in Dubai, UAE (United Arab Emirates) in August

I am hoping there are actually some Saints fans living in Dubai or any other Emirate???????

--

Well I'm a Saints fan in Saudi Arabia living in Dhahran. I visit Dubai from time to time. I might be going there in a month actually. Well if you would like to know how to watch NFL games in the area just let me know.

Well I'm a Saints fan in Saudi Arabia living in Dhahran. I visit Dubai from time to time. I might be going there in a month actually. Well if you would like to know how to watch NFL games in the area just let me know.

Definitely! The school I will be teaching at is located in Festival City in Dubai. I am not sure where my accommodation will be, but I am sure it won't be too far from the school... I hear the traffic is aweful!

-

I live in Kuwait, working in the oil field. I visit Dubai some times, it is a nice city.

Definitely! The school I will be teaching at is located in Festival City in Dubai. I am not sure where my accommodation will be, but I am sure it won't be too far from the school... I hear the traffic is aweful!

-

Last time I was there about a year ago, the traffic was still aweful. However, I heard that so many things were done to minimize the traffic. Besides, the subway system should be finished soon which will help.

Last time I was there about a year ago, the traffic was still aweful. However, I heard that so many things were done to minimize the traffic. Besides, the subway system should be finished soon which will help.

Well, I hope so, either way, baring some major event, I will be there in August. I found a cool website that has a live cam where you can watch traffic head out to Sharjah: http://inadubai.com/

BTW (to those who don't know), Dubai is 10 hours ahead of New Orleans!

--

Anyway good luck and trust me it is a very nice place.. and it is way better than where you are right now for sure :D

Anyway good luck and trust me it is a very nice place.. and it is way better than where you are right now for sure :D

Well, I hate to compare a developing country emerging from a civil war with one of the fastest growing economies of a developed city.

Ivorians are an interesting group of people. For example, they can be lazy one minute, but meticulous next.

One of things I won't miss are the corrupt police. In fact, corruption is everywhere here. Police are always pulling people over extorting people for money. :rant: They usually pull "white" people over because "white" people have money. Usually, however, once they find out we are Americans & NOT french, they change their tune.

Groceries here are pretty expensive (or at the same level as the states) unless you go to to the street markets. You can gaurantee that you will get the "Blanc Prix" (The white price):covri: . Usually its double or triple what they should charge you.

All said and done, Ivroians are a not a mean people. They are a warm people who will always greet you with a smile. However, they like strong minded people, so you cannot appear too friendly (ie smiling too much) or they won't respect you.

I wouldn't trade my experiences here for anything,... and I am not moving on because of the life style here. I am moving on gain a different experience. if the oppotunity was there, I would have gone to another Sub- Saharan country. In fact, we did interview for a job in Mali. If I wanted creature conforts, I would had never left New Orleans 8 years ago or Chicago 2 years ago.

Judging by the lack of responses:dunno: , It seems I will walk alone in the UAE again! :9:

---

i live in Saudi Arabia, Dhahran too....
WHO DAT ALLLLL OVER THE WORLD :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom