Saints fan since '95 here (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm just gonna say 95 because thats when i was old enough to sit and watch and understand the implications of a football game.

My dad is from South Louisiana and would turn on the Saints games (the 90s were bad, I dont' need to remind anyone of that) and I would sit there and watch, hypnotized.
I would sneak out of church every sunday early for years to watch kickoff in a back room.
Ive sat by the radio tuning into WWL since I was a kid.
Cried and danced like a madman in the dome for an hour when we were on our way to the super bowl.
Haven't missed missed a game in probably 15 years.

I'm not going to ever abandon this team over any decision.

I love all of you, but extra love for those of you who won't toss this team aside because what you think is 'political' hurts your feelings.

Who Dat Baby

Absolutely. I reeeeally hope that Drew is able to stand tall, embrace this moment, and set an example for America as truly understanding what this movement/cry for help is about. He’s capable. I hope he doesn’t shirk.

Saints fan since 2000. Proud of Gayle Benson and Sean Payton for standing up and having something to say.

Absolutely. I reeeeally hope that Drew is able to stand tall, embrace this moment, and set an example for America as truly understanding what this movement/cry for help is about. He’s capable. I hope he doesn’t shirk.
He could be a great role model for change. If he can do it.

Genuine question - would you make an equivalent post if the uproar from today arose in response to an announcement that the team had signed Colin Kaepernick?

Sheet, thought you gonna give up your season tickets too.

Find something dammit

lol

I'm not apologizing for Brees' bone-headed, tone-deaf comments. He'll get plenty of first hand help from his teammates. I'm pretty confident that he'll come out the other side with a broader understanding of the situation.

I didn't like his comments in 2017, and don't like them now. I think the whole thing has gone completely over his head, which isn't like him.

I hope he takes the opportunity to reflect and consider how he can contribute positively to the team and community.

lol

I'm not apologizing for Brees' bone-headed, tone-deaf comments. He'll get plenty of first hand help from his teammates. I'm pretty confident that he'll come out the other side with a broader understanding of the situation.

I didn't like his comments in 2017, and don't like them now. I think the whole thing has gone completely over his head, which isn't like him.

I hope he takes the opportunity to reflect and consider how he can contribute positively to the team and community.

If only he ever contributed to the team or the community in his life how selfish of him ... ha get out of here with that 🤮

If only he ever contributed to the team or the community in his life how selfish of him ... ha get out of here with that 🤮

Sorry if I wasn't more articulate. Of course he's contributed much to the team and community. That's not a point of contention.

Nice job missing my point completely. Carry on.

Sorry if I wasn't more articulate. Of course he's contributed much to the team and community. That's not a point of contention.

Nice job missing my point completely. Carry on.

You and so many people act like what he said is wrong maybe it’s wrong to you or bone headed as you said but it’s his beliefs I believe he has rights to believe what he wants he said nothing racist or anything along the lines

You and so many people act like what he said is wrong maybe it’s wrong to you or bone headed as you said but it’s his beliefs I believe he has rights to believe what he wants he said nothing racist or anything along the lines

He's conflating issues, reflecting a misunderstanding or lack of understanding that kneeling for the anthem has nothing to do with the flag, and certainly is missing the point completely on the role of civil protest in American society.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom