Saints fans abroad... (1 Viewer)

Saintree River

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What is the latest technology or method for watching/ listening to Saints games. I know the NFL has become more protective in recent years but is there any site where you can pay and have the games streamed live or something like that? I am moving to Hong Kong this fall and I need to figure out a way to watch or listen to the games. I lived in China a couple of falls ago and was able to listen to the games on WWL streamed, but I am told that is not an option anymore. Any info from those more in the know would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's an option.

If you know someone in the States who has directv, the NFL Sunday Ticket, and a high speed internet connection, you can buy this thing called a "sling box". From what I understand you connect this to one of the directv receivers and it delivers it through their high speed connection to your pc/mac....you also need a high speed connection on your end to get the transmission.

I've read that this works for all the directv channels. You get a virtual remote on your screen that allows you to control the receiver as if you were there in front of it.

http://www.slingmedia.com/

I don't have any hands on experience with the sling box but I do plan to buy one later this year.

Hope this helps!

MrSt0nEd

Thank You #26
Reaction score
btw, lots of international sports channels show NFL games; ex, Espn, fox, etc...
but heard the SlingBox is great!

Milkman

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i heard sling box can only work within a distance of 2,000 miles tho.

Dragon

Official SR Twitter Team
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've used gamepass the last couple of years, and while it had some problems the first year, the quality was good last year

blsdwnstr

Yes I want that dressed
Reaction score
Slingbox works fine overseas. I use it from Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Europe. You need someone in the States to monitor it for you if it needs to be reset.

Gamepass is good as well and if the Saints are on National TV (i.e. Thursday, Sunday or Monday night) the games are easy to find on most international sat networks for free.

OP
Saintree River

Saintree River

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Nice to know I have a couple of options. Hope I don't have any early obligations on Monday morning.

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's what the control and full screens look like.

Attachments

• Control1.jpg
    Control1.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 1
  • FS.JPG
    FS.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread