Saints fans abroad... (1 Viewer)

Saintree River

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What is the latest technology or method for watching/ listening to Saints games. I know the NFL has become more protective in recent years but is there any site where you can pay and have the games streamed live or something like that? I am moving to Hong Kong this fall and I need to figure out a way to watch or listen to the games. I lived in China a couple of falls ago and was able to listen to the games on WWL streamed, but I am told that is not an option anymore. Any info from those more in the know would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's an option.

If you know someone in the States who has directv, the NFL Sunday Ticket, and a high speed internet connection, you can buy this thing called a "sling box". From what I understand you connect this to one of the directv receivers and it delivers it through their high speed connection to your pc/mac....you also need a high speed connection on your end to get the transmission.

I've read that this works for all the directv channels. You get a virtual remote on your screen that allows you to control the receiver as if you were there in front of it.

http://www.slingmedia.com/

I don't have any hands on experience with the sling box but I do plan to buy one later this year.

Hope this helps!

btw, lots of international sports channels show NFL games; ex, Espn, fox, etc...
but heard the SlingBox is great!

I've used gamepass the last couple of years, and while it had some problems the first year, the quality was good last year

Slingbox works fine overseas. I use it from Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Europe. You need someone in the States to monitor it for you if it needs to be reset.

Gamepass is good as well and if the Saints are on National TV (i.e. Thursday, Sunday or Monday night) the games are easy to find on most international sat networks for free.

Thanks for all the info. Nice to know I have a couple of options. Hope I don't have any early obligations on Monday morning.

Here's what the control and full screens look like.

Attachments

• Control1.jpg
    Control1.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 4
  • FS.JPG
    FS.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I have been in Da Nang for all of 15 minutes and we were walking to find breakfast. At a busy intersection I hear “who dat” and turn around to see a guy on a motorbike has stopped to show me he was also wearing a Saints shirt. He wasn’t off to the side and it happened so fast I am kicking myself for not getting a picture. Fiancé was like what the hell just happened 🤣

Here's an option.

If you know someone in the States who has directv, the NFL Sunday Ticket, and a high speed internet connection, you can buy this thing called a "sling box". From what I understand you connect this to one of the directv receivers and it delivers it through their high speed connection to your pc/mac....you also need a high speed connection on your end to get the transmission.

I've read that this works for all the directv channels. You get a virtual remote on your screen that allows you to control the receiver as if you were there in front of it.

http://www.slingmedia.com/

I don't have any hands on experience with the sling box but I do plan to buy one later this year.

Hope this helps!
That was a few years ago…..wow. ;)

As other have said, paying for a service is a good bet though we do get some games on free to air. The issue of course is the choice of games, you don't get them all unless you get the right package. I only have basic kayo in Australia and they do have some Saints games, if you want every game that can be pricey. I know I was able to find some good streaming sites when I lived in Korea.

🤔. Every game in every sport is readily available to stream for free here, wonder if that's the same way abroad tho? Not sure about that.

Time zones are more of an issue. I used to wakke up early in Korea and could catch games before work, but in Spain.
..have to stay up super late

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom