Saints fans...be honest. (1 Viewer)

We're confident that we CAN win. We have the ability to win. Anything can happen.

Are we supposed to be looking at this game scared and assuming we're going to lose? I must have missed that memo.

It's a football game. The people who think the Colts can't possibly lose are wrong. The people who think the Saints can't possibly lose are wrong. In games these two teams really went all out to try and win this season, their combined record is 31-1. These are two great teams and when two great teams play how can anyone know for sure exactly what will happen?

Level with me here, Black and Gold Nation, are you guys really this confident? I can't believe how many people think the Saints are a foregone conclusion to win this game. There is a reason the Colts are now almost a full Touchdown favored. Las Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

Do that many of you really believe in playthings, like karma, destiny, etc.?

So my question is this, is the boasting genuine? Or are most of you simply trying to convince yourselves?

I agree with you in that I think there's a lot of overconfidence flying around, but I'm seeing it from both teams. Saints fans think we can handle Manning like we handled Brady/Warner/Favre; I tend to think that Peyton is the smartest QB we've faced and it's not going to be as easy as it was with the other three. Colts fans look at our offense's lackluster performance against the Vikings and assume that they'll run away with the score; I'm willing to bet that our offense finds its groove again and you'll have to deal with all our weapons combined with an on-fire Brees.

Both sides are assuming too much and coming away too confident, IMO. I'm thinking it's going to be a close, GREAT game, frankly.

The Colts are a great team and is gonna be the toughest challenge yet but if we play up to the level I know we can play there is no reason why we shouldn't win this game.

Peyton is great, he's gonna get his no matter what but we are gonna have to take his best punch and counter with our best punch and hopefully we will hit harder than the colts will on that day.

Im with you Bob. I have no idea why we are even playing this game. I think we should just forfeit and have our NFC championship parade. Between what the experts and other COlts message boards have been saying, we have no shot at this game.

/sarcasm

Saints 45 Peyton Manning 10

Absolutely not, I think there is a very good chance that the Saints will win, I just don't understand why it's being thrown around as a given.

As we cannot understand why its a given Manning is MVP.

Its called Fandom. Fanatical belief in something. Many of us think the Saints should win every Sunday. Add to it that this is our best year ever, we just rolled two HOF QBs and you can see why we are amped for this game. Why can't you just accept the fact that SAINTS FANS expect the Saints to win. Sure you'll get the lip service, "hard fought game", "it will be close", yada yada yada, but all our hearts tell us is that we are going to woop your arse, and frankly it shouldnt be any other way.

Absolutely not, I think there is a very good chance that the Saints will win, I just don't understand why it's being thrown around as a given.

i guess it depends on who you listen too. Yes a lot of die hard saints fans want their team to win are will proclaim a high level of confidence, as they should. Like the colts, the Saints earned their trip to the superbowl on the field by being the best team in their conference. I would expect nothing less from Colts fans.

the media are ones saying the Saints have no chance at all, and most of them are basing that wild speculation on the most rediculous reasons.

It really ironic, if any other team then the Saints were in the superbowl from the NFC, i'd wager most if not all saints fas would be rooting for the Colts to win.

Can someone PLEASE post the thread that has Drew Brees' numbers against Peyton Mannings for the last three years. Then, MAYBE the Colts fans will understand WHY we feel that we can win this game. I am NOT dumb enuff to predict a blowout, but we have ONE OF THE TOP TWO QUARTERBACKS IN THE NFL FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS, how would you feel if you were in our shoes, sitting with a 15-3 record? Did they forget that WE WON 13 games in a row????????????? Just don't get it......
DESTINY!!!!!!
To ALL Colts fans, good luck, and PLEASE don't forget WHO taught Peyton how to throw a football......

this is going to be a really closely fought contest with 2 very good teams, so by any means this is not a forgone conclusion. in fact i think we have to say we are the underdogs. it'll come down to see who develops the early lead, cause chasing either of these 2 teams will be a hell of a chance.

in my heart i want the saints to win, but i have a feeling i'll be on the edge of my seat all game.

nails-on-chalkboard1.jpg

Level with me here, Black and Gold Nation, are you guys really this confident? I can't believe how many people think the Saints are a foregone conclusion to win this game. There is a reason the Colts are now almost a full Touchdown favored. Las Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

Do that many of you really believe in playthings, like karma, destiny, etc.?

So my question is this, is the boasting genuine? Or are most of you simply trying to convince yourselves?

I think we're the best team. That's I pick 38-30 Saints.

You guys are a team we match up with well. The NJ Jets, not so much.

I would rather play you guys.

When Peyton Manning exits Super Bowl 44 as a loser with a QB rating of 78.5, then come back and talk to me.

You underestimate our pass defense. It's our strength. We are the best in the NFL when healthy (which we are now).

Honestly, I could pose the same question backwards.

What have the Colts done all year that people, including most of the media and all their fans, are so sure they are going to win? The Colts played a ton of close games this year. They showed many chinks in the armor.

We have a better offense despite all the Manning slobbering. Our defense gives up less then 2 points per game more then there's. They've also only played 3 top 10 passing offenses all year. There's a logical arguement to be made the Colts haven't faced a team nearly as good as the Saints to this point.

I'm going to stay back and not pick this one. I'm not confident at all, but I'm a fan and I say we win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom