Saints fans...be honest. (1 Viewer)

Point spreads are designed to get as many people to place bets as possible. Also to spread the bets out as evenly as possible to reduce the risk to the bookmaker. It's not a prediction. The spread will go up or down depending on how the betting is going.

Level with me here, Black and Gold Nation, are you guys really this confident? I can't believe how many people think the Saints are a foregone conclusion to win this game. There is a reason the Colts are now almost a full Touchdown favored. Las Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

Do that many of you really believe in playthings, like karma, destiny, etc.?

So my question is this, is the boasting genuine? Or are most of you simply trying to convince yourselves?

You seem to be confusing Colts fans and the media with Saints fans.

#1 you got to have faith in your team and be positive. I am a firm believer in positive thinking yields positive results and negative thinking yields negative results. IF you believe you will have a good day and stay positive through out your day no matter what you will have a good day and vice versa. That is of course on matters where you have a say so and the fans really do not have a say in weather we win or lose since it is a neutral field. although I do believe that the saints are more closely tied into their fan base and city than any other franchise in the league so the fans may be more motivation for our players than you are to yours.

#2 I do not think it will be a run away win. just as BoNcHiE said earlier I have been hearing nothing but how the colts are going to blow us out of the water so I think Colts fans and media are more cocky than we are. I think we are being underestimated and I think the game will be decided by less than 7 points either way.

#3 Vegas knows how to hedge their bets. They make their money off people betting against each other. The early money went to the colts which is why the spread has gone up. They are trying to get more people to bet on the Saints and even out their bets. They make their living off the fees and such. This is why a slot machine can give out 99% payouts. they have millions of them so 1% of the money entered is plenty for them to be come very rich

T

Level with me here, Black and Gold Nation, are you guys really this confident? I can't believe how many people think the Saints are a foregone conclusion to win this game. There is a reason the Colts are now almost a full Touchdown favored. Las Vegas usually knows what they are doing.

So my question is this, is the boasting genuine? Or are most of you simply trying to convince yourselves?

Confident that we will be competitive and have a chance to win the game? Hell yeah. Forgone conclusion? Of course not.

And just who has Indy blown out this year? Let me answer that for you-not one team. It will be a knock down drag out affair and I think were much more physical....and I sincerely believe we will win.

I believe that if these teams played 10 consecutive games against each other, one team would win 6 times, the other team 4. I am a Saints fan, therefore i would say the Saints win the 6. Neither team is head and shoulders above the other. This will be a very competitive and hard fought game that will most likely come down to a single possession.

I think Bonchie nailed it right here. We're not the ones behaving as if it's a forgone conclusion. It's Colts fans and ESPN (still mad at us for denying them the Favre-Manning matchup).

I agree with this as well. I will also add that I think many Colts fans are surprised that we do not feel the same as well. As the week goes on and we go through next week it will only get worse.

I personally think many Colts fans were coming here expecting to HELP boost our confidence and then were surprised that we are already confident.

Person 1: "You are not that ugly."
Person 2: "You think I am ugly?"
Person 1: "You don't?"
Person 2: "Not really, but you have a big nose."

Here's the deal, Wet behind the ears Bob: If the Saints bring their A-game, there isn't a team in the league today that can beat us. A great many of our struggles this year came when we had guys out due to injury. They came back in time for the playoffs. What did we do to arizona? Kurt Warner is in a nursing home as we speak, they're just not publicizing it. Brett Favre's funeral was yesterday. Eli's big brother is next. If the flu has run its course in our locker room in time, expect a beat down.

On the other hand, if the jitters abound, we're going to struggle throughout the first half. Y'see the Saints haven't been here before, but we've got quite a few players that have been. Their lockerroom presence will make itself known and the second half we'll just have to come back. So, do I think we're gonna win this game? Duh. We're kickin' yer asterisk!

Did the Yankees feel confident every time they played the Braves? Yes. And that's how I feel now.

Hey!!!!

Attachments

• dont_rain_on_my_parade_bumper_sticker-p128692031546266045trl0_400.jpg
    dont_rain_on_my_parade_bumper_sticker-p128692031546266045trl0_400.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 263

I remember a few years ago, watching the NASA Channel on the day one of the Mars rovers landed on that planet. While they were waiting for the rover to deploy and start going about its business, they were interviewing some of the JPL scientists who designed the rover. They asked one of the scientists, "Do you think the rover will actually work? Do you expect it to do what it's supposed to do?"

And they all looked at him as though he'd asked them if they really believed the earth is not flat. After a moment, one of them said, "Well, of course we expect it to work. That's what we designed it to do. Why would we expect it not to?"

You're on a Saint's board. Why would you expect Saints' fans not to expect the Saints to win?

Actually I should ask you the same question. You guys have not faced a potent an offense as ours?

You guys played 2 tough defenses in the playoffs, the last one was a team that has not had a bye week in like 11 weeks. Not big on offense except for the run

Now Peyton Manning is a great quarterback, possibly the best. However, we have already faced 2 hall of fame QBs and we hurt them bad.

Imagine us doing that Manning? Your Colts proved the last 2 weeks of the season, that you guys are not much w/o Manning???

I admit our defense is not good against the run, however you guys do not have much of a run offense.

Now compare common opponents.

1) New England- You guys beat them by 1 and allowed 33 points. Well we beat them by 21 and allowed only 17

2) Jets- we beat them by 14, you guys played them twice and the best you did was 13. It's a push.

3)Miami- both of us played them there, however we beat them by 12, you guys only by 4

4) Buffalo- well you guys put at 30 on them, we put up 27. We did play them early and you guys played a team that had packed it up at the end of the season. So I'll let you guys have that.

5) Cardinals- well we both beat the by 21.

6) I dont count the Rams, because you got them coming off a bye week. We had to face a division rival in the Panthers a week before

Also, I want to ad we have a pretty good quarterback ourselves.

So yeah, I think it will be hard fault, but I am confident we can beat you guys. In fact after this list I am even more confident.

man, u are dumb my friend

saints fans need to believe, otherwise, well, just stop watching football ...

we beat 2 great QB ... u guys dont, so, lets see if your defense can step up

Do you understand "the line"? I'm honestly asking because your post implies you do not. Incase you don't, "the line" Vegas forecasts is set at a number that Vegas thinks will get them a split between the bets coming in. They want 50% of betters for the Colts and 50% betters for the Saints, which is why when one team is getting all of the bets they move the line. The reason for the line move right now is because all of the casual betters who don't do any research before they bet, bet now(early). All of the smart money waits as long as possible to bet to gather as much info as possible(injuries and such).

If the line moves down the 2 days before the Superbowl, that means all of the "career" gamblers are betting on the Saints to cover/win. It'll be interesting to see what the line does as we get closer.

As for the game, why shouldn't we be confident? The two teams we beat, IMO, would be favorites over the two teams you beat. Now, I know you have no control over who you play, but what have the Colts done this season to think the Saints won't be right there at the end? I haven't seen any aspect of your team dominate other than your passing game. Gameplanning for a one dimensional offense, albeit a great offense, is easier than a team like Minnesota. We still have to execute, but giving GW 2 weeks to prepare, I wouldn't be surprised if he told you the Superbowl is an easier game to scheme than the game against the Vikings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom