Saints fans help!! Robert Meachem question (1 Viewer)

THE TRUTH26

The Deuce will be loose!
Reaction score
Why is this kid not ALWAYS on the football field? The dude is instant offense and burns DB's with ease. I would bet he probley has the best hands on the team (toss between him and Moore IMO).

What's the deal? Is their some relationship troubles with him and Coach? If I can find one problem with the offense it's just that. Robert Meachem is a legit year by year All-Pro receiver. IMO, the guy is best receiver on the team and that's just with limited opportunities. I don't mean that as a rip on Colston or Moore (both awesome). However, I beg to the needed to be begged to.... leave #17 ON THE FIELD!!

PS: Entire post could've been done in all caps. The rage was building

He was injured the whole offseason and is just now getting back to game shape. See lance Moore last year!

sorry lol, i did have it written as Meachum.... still stuck in my old ways. It used to be a joke when he played at Tennessee. Sorry and thanks for the heads up Brazil

All 4 receivers have different strengths and weaknesses. I understand that a weakness of Meachem's is that he doesn't always run crisp routes. However, Meachem is a great deep threat and a dynamic playmaker, and I'm pretty sure Payton and Co. know what they're doing in using him.

Also, who would you take catches away from to get Meachem the ball more often?

All 4 receivers have different strengths and weaknesses. I understand that a weakness of Meachem's is that he doesn't always run crisp routes. However, Meachem is a great deep threat and a dynamic playmaker, and I'm pretty sure Payton and Co. know what they're doing in using him.

Also, who would you take catches away from to get Meachem the ball more often?

This. You can't do everything with Meachem, but he excels downfield. Putting him on the field every down would mean sitting a more complete receiver like Moore or Henderson.

DON'T QUESTION PAYTON!

He's our best all around WR and has the talent to be a true #1, but he has to be healthy and it seems as though he is getting there as of late and his performance is showing. With him continuing to develop and Graham learning how to play football and TE, this offense will get better.

I have always heard that its his route running... If you notice, he doesnt get thrown to much at all within 20 yards but the dude is $$$$ on the deep routes!

Why is this kid not ALWAYS on the football field? The dude is instant offense and burns DB's with ease. I would bet he probley has the best hands on the team (toss between him and Moore IMO).

What's the deal? Is their some relationship troubles with him and Coach? If I can find one problem with the offense it's just that. Robert Meachem is a legit year by year All-Pro receiver. IMO, the guy is best receiver on the team and that's just with limited opportunities. I don't mean that as a rip on Colston or Moore (both awesome). However, I beg to the needed to be begged to.... leave #17 ON THE FIELD!!

PS: Entire post could've been done in all caps. The rage was building

He doesn't play defense. :smilielol:

I think the best "any down" set the Saints have is Colston and Meachem split out wide with Moore in the slot and Heath/Bush in the backfield. It's a pretty obvious passing/screen situation, but you have to respect every offensive player, otherwise Drew will pick you apart.

I know I'll get flamed for this, as I did at the beginning of the season, but Meachem is younger (and IMO better) than Henderson. I'm glad Henderson is turning his season around, the Saints may be able to get value out of him this offseason if Arrington can show he's ready to see the field.

You misspelled "Colston."

is that a joke? seriously. Henderson has had less drops that Marques the last two years.

Don't get me wrong, Marques is a beast and our clear workhorse, but he has not shown the elite hands from early in his career since the thumb injury.

Back on topic. Meachem has elite top end speed, but he struggles with short routes because it takes him too long to "gather himself up" and break into a cut. He has big feet and he tends to alligator arm passes. He also catches against is body too much. He has all the tools, and he hustles, but needs to work on the little things to be a #1. He can glide down field, and in spite of those bent elbows and body catches, he doesn't drop many so I have no complaints with the way SP is using him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom