N/S Saints' fans playoff fave Adrian Peterson to box Le'Veon Bell. What??!!??? (1 Viewer)

Cincy Saint

VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Must need the money...

The two former NFL running backs will square off in a heavyweight boxing exhibition at Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on July 30, according to ESPN’s Mike Coppinger. The fight will take place ahead of the YouTuber bout between Austin McBroom and AnEsonGib.

Details

Can they box? Or is this going to like some wild flailing melee... with long periods of both just being exhausted.. and eventually one walking into a wild swing and going down?

If its the former, ok. Still not going to pay for it, but there is some merit there. If its the latter, I saw that when the bars closed a couple weekends ago. No thankyou.

Can they box? Or is this going to like some wild flailing melee... with long periods of both just being exhausted.. and eventually one walking into a wild swing and going down?

If its the former, ok. Still not going to pay for it, but there is some merit there. If its the latter, I saw that when the bars closed a couple weekends ago. No thankyou.
Wouldn't it be something if someone on SR challenged some posters to a boxing match or maybe a best 2 out-of-three "argument clinic" Monty Python parody contests where the winner gets the majority of gate receipts and the loser gets what's remaining. The argument clinic/debate will be centered around a variety of "hot-button", socio-political issues and if the winner or both contestants wish too, they can donate whatever they've earned to any specific charity they choose.

It would be a good, better, constructive way of redirecting a lot of pent-up energy, frustration, extreme focus, and partisan bickering that I've noticed among many Americans the past 5-10 years. And all for a good cause(s) to donate to if one wished or decided too. Make it creative, innovative, envigorating, instead of angry or potentially destructive emotions.

Boxing is a different animal. Even the best of athletes will be wore out after a few rounds. It's also not a sport that has alot to do with your physique and pretty muscles. I mean Fury doesn't look like much of an athlete but he can fight and is one tough dude. I got my money on AP, but it only takes one punch to change the outcome of a fight.

Wouldn't it be something if someone on SR challenged some posters to a boxing match or maybe a best 2 out-of-three "argument clinic" Monty Python parody contests where the winner gets the majority of gate receipts and the loser gets what's remaining. The argument clinic/debate will be centered around a variety of "hot-button", socio-political issues and if the winner or both contestants wish too, they can donate whatever they've earned to any specific charity they choose.

It would be a good, better, constructive way of redirecting a lot of pent-up energy, frustration, extreme focus, and partisan bickering that I've noticed among many Americans the past 5-10 years. And all for a good cause(s) to donate to if one wished or decided too. Make it creative, innovative, envigorating, instead of angry or potentially destructive emotions.
Pretty sure that would go like this:

This story only serves to make me wonder how many people paid to watch Tonya Harding do the same thing back in the day. :unsure:

A sad excuse for entertainment. :jpshakehead:

Im going with Peterson. I heard Bell had problems being in shape with the Jets. Everyone knows PETERSON is an excercise demon. He will win easily.

I've seen a few Frank Gore matches. He wasn't too bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom