Saints fans, root hard for the rams to win

Ratings
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.

OP
OP
Ratings
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.
Gurley seemed to suffered a knee injury after the Eagles game but even if healthy, the cowboys rush defense will shut him down if the Eagles could, which they did.

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ratings
I almost never pull for the Rams to win, considering the Saints' old rivalry with them when they were in the NFC West together. If the Saints are playing in the NFC championship game, I really don't care who the opponent is.

Ratings
Idk man. I think I'd still rather the Cowboys. Woudn't it be nice to always be able to hang that over their head? How for decades of futility since they were relevant, upon the doorstep of being SO close to a SB, we took it away from them?

OP
OP
Ratings
I almost never pull for the Rams to win, considering the Saints' old rivalry with them when they were in the NFC West together. If the Saints are playing in the NFC championship game, I really don't care who the opponent is.
Thats a good attitude to have. We are after all the best overall team. I just fear the likelihood of injuries playing very physical teams.

OP
OP
Ratings
Idk man. I think I'd still rather the Cowboys. Woudn't it be nice to always be able to hang that over their head? How for decades of futility since they were relevant, upon the doorstep of being SO close to a SB, we took it away from them?
Yeah, I totally hear you and get it with why some Saints fans want to play the Cowboys, but in the end, who cares if they beat us and we never got the rematch if it helps us with the SB? you know? looking at it from a big picture standpoint. I fear more injuries playing the cowboys in a bruising ugly game than the finesse Rams team.

Ratings
I don't care who wins the other NFC game as long as saints win there game it doesn't matter i don't believe in that one team is easier than the other stuff. That sounds like playing scared if its Dallas so be it. Play like the better team in any match up and saints should win.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
How many threads are you going to start on the same subject? It's the reason you're suspected to be a Cowboy troll.

I don't watch Cowboy games unless they come to the Super Dome, and I hate when they do. Last time a saw a Cowboy game the Saints set a record for first downs. I still don't want them in the Dome. That said, they don't scare me like the Rams do. The only reason the Cowboys would alarm me is if the refs allow their corners to mug our receivers with their former Seattle coach's method.

At the moment, I want to beat the Eagles. Period.

OP
OP
Ratings
How many threads are you going to start on the same subject? It's the reason you're suspected to be a Cowboy troll.

I don't watch Cowboy games unless they come to the Super Dome, and I hate when they do. Last time a saw a Cowboy game the Saints set a record for first downs. I still don't want them in the Dome. That said, they don't scare me like the Rams do. The only reason the Cowboys would alarm me is if the refs allow their corners to mug our receivers with their former Seattle coach's method.

At the moment, I want to beat the Eagles. Period.
I make predictions on all relevant games. I don’t hate the cowboys. I dislike them but have a healthy respect for what they did against us. So I don’t fear them but they wouldn’t be my first choice of team I want to play, just being honest.

OP
OP
Ratings
I make predictions on all relevant games. I don’t hate the cowboys. I dislike them but have a healthy respect for what they did against us. So I don’t fear them but they wouldn’t be my first choice of team I want to play, just being honest.
Actually, I have made more threads about eagles than the cowboys. I root for teams that makes the path easier for the saints,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.