Saints fans, root hard for the rams to win

Ratings
Sticky Post
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Ratings
You’ve got to lay off this love affair with the Cowboys. Hoping to play a top offense that scored 35 on us in the dome because Dallas caught us in our worst possible spot is dumb.

At the very least, both present real challenges.

OP
OP
Ratings
You’ve got to lay off this love affair with the Cowboys. Hoping to play a top offense that scored 35 on us in the dome because Dallas caught us in our worst possible spot is dumb.

No love affair at all. A healthy fear yes, so I apologize if I do talk about them. I didn’t like anything I watched from that game and prefer not to see that in any form again.

OP
OP
Ratings

I told my friends we would win by 4tds against them before the game. Now, I am overly cautious.

MightyMite

Mightiest of all Mites
Ratings
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.
f86.jpg

OP
OP
Ratings
No love affair at all. A healthy fear yes, so I apologize if I do talk about them. I didn’t like anything I watched from that game and prefer not to see that in any form again.
I disagree that the rams pose a real threat to us, definitely more than the eagles but the numbers I posted about Goff his last five games are atrocious. Am not worried about the rams.

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
Op I respect your post (didn't bother reading it) but it seems like you put in a lot of thought, but man, you got to break that shirt up. It's just to hard to read.

But anyways, just from the title, bring on the forking cowboys. I look forward to killing all these 1990's hanger-on'ers dreams

Banned #25

Saintsfan8989

SaintSational
Ratings
Ratings
I can't find it in me to root for the Cowboys unless they're playing Atlanta, Carolina, SF, and in some cases Tampa ... or if we're in a fight to clinch a playoff birth and they could help us. Even though I didn't like the Rams back in the day, they haven't ticked me off nearly as much as the 9ers ... and being from Shreveport with a brother that loves the Cowboys, I can't with them.

la. champ1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
I’m not pulling or rooting for either team. We play who play. None of these teams are easy no matter who we play. We play whoever we get and we beat them. If we can’t do that then we don’t deserve to be called champions.

rodgepodge9

Practice Squad
Ratings

Exactly... I have full confidence vs DAL and actually was hoping for them in the divisional game... sooooo I think Eagles, Cowboys would be the easiest road to SB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.