Saints fans, root hard for the rams to win (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
You really think the Cowboys are going to beat the Rams!??!? The Eagles have a better shot at beating the Saints.

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I personally cannot wait to see the Cowboys again if they somehow manage to squeak through.

Michael Thomas on Cowboys and going forward:
"My job is to make sure next time they can't hold me. I've gotta play more violent, physical, stronger, whatever it takes"

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really really don't understand why people are scared to play dallas. I want dallas. There is just NO WAY we drop a dud like that again. NO WAY our offense struggles like that in the dome no matter who the defense is. We played our worse game of the season by far, it was thursday night fluke game, the refs were terrible, the play calling was questionable and we were DROPPING BALLS, and OUR defense matches up better with their offense much better than with the Rams, their Defense has been questionable on the road, we have the better coach and play calling by far, AND it would be revenge game. the only thing standing between us and the superbowl is a game at home against them? C'mon Thee ONLY thing is that there would probly be alot of Dallas fans in the Dome. But i think we would stomp the cowboys at home.

Im not rooting for either team in that game but i think the rams is the only team that has the fire power to compete with us in the dome. Gurley has definitely gotten some rest and should be about back to normal. I don't care what Goff has looked like lately, they have gotten rest and Mcvay is no slouch of a coach. I would MUCH rather play the Cowboys. Its all about match ups fellas, and Dallas Matches up well against the Rams. And i think we match up well against Dallas at home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reaction score
What Cardinals are you a fan of??
Saints top team since Archie Manning years, yeah I am not a young puppy. Cardinals, well my fiancé is a cardinals fans so I kind of adopted them as my second favorite team, but nothing to talk about them considering how bad they are but with Arians and warner, for those few years they were good, broke my heart when they lost to the Steelers in the sb.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.
I am hoping to play the Rams again as I think we can really exploit their secondary again with Ginn AND Thomas.

But hey if Dallas wins, we’ll then it’s time to shut up another big mouth team this time around too

OP
OP
Reaction score
I really really don't understand why people are scared to play dallas. I want dallas. There is just NO WAY we drop a dud like that again. NO WAY our offense struggles like that in the dome no matter who the defense is. We played our worse game of the season by far, it was thursday night fluke game, the refs were terrible, the play calling was questionable and we were DROPPING BALLS, and OUR defense matches up better with their offense much better than with the Rams, their Defense has been questionable on the road, AND it would be revenge game. the only thing standing between us and the superbowl is a game at home against them? C'mon Thee ONLY thing is that there would probly be alot of Dallas fans in the Dome. But i think we would stomp the cowboys at home.

Im not rooting for either team in that game but i think the rams is the only team that has the fire power to compete with us in the dome. Gurley has definitely gotten some rest and should be about back to normal. I don't care what Goff has looked like lately, they have gotten rest and Mcvay is no slouch of a coach. I would MUCH rather play the Cowboys. Its all about match ups fellas, and Dallas Matches up well against the Rams. And i think we match up well against Dallas at home.
A lot of you think the rams are strong. Hope you’re right. I just don’t see it in their recent games. When they played us, they were clearly the second best team, but cooper hurt us in that game and he is out and it has really hurt the rams. I just can’t see a team that got totally dominated by the eagles in the coliseum and yeah eagles did dominate them in that game (the same team we beat by 41) as being good now. Even with Donald and suh, they put up pretty sack numbers meaning Donald but their run defense is atrocious which is more important than racking up sack numbers. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Saints top team since Archie Manning years, yeah I am not a young puppy. Cardinals, well my fiancé is a cardinals fans so I kind of adopted them as my second favorite team, but nothing to talk about them considering how bad they are but with Arians and warner, for those few years they were good, broke my heart when they lost to the Steelers in the sb.
Arizona, am not into baseball at all.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
A lot of you think the rams are strong. Hope you’re right. I just don’t see it in their recent games. When they played us, they were clearly the second best team, but cooper hurt us in that game and he is out and it has really hurt the rams. I just can’t see a team that got totally dominated by the eagles in the coliseum and yeah eagles did dominate them in that game (the same team we beat by 41) as being good now. Even with Donald and suh, they put up pretty sack numbers meaning Donald but their run defense is atrocious which is more important than racking up sack numbers. Just my opinion.
The Cowboys are 3-5 on the road for a reason. You seem to have no concept of the fact that home/away splits matter. The game will not play out exactly the same in the Superdome and the Cowboys won't play as well in LA.

The Rams are the #2 seed for a reason as well.

OP
OP
Reaction score
You also have to remember and I know this well since I also like the Arizona cardinals well, the nfc west stinks. Seattle is good but cardinals and 49ers are the two worst teams in football, that is four easy wins each year for Seattle and LA each year. La is 6-0 in the nfc west and 6-4 against all other teams.

OP
OP
Reaction score
The Cowboys are 3-5 on the road for a reason. You seem to have no concept of the fact that home/away splits matter. The game will not play out exactly the same in the Superdome and the Cowboys won't play as well in LA.

I do very well except living here in southern cal, I know that cowboys fans will outnumber LA fans, so there will be no home field advantage for the game. Anyone in southern cal will tell you the same thing. Goff when they played packers here had to use the silent count with Rodgers imploring the crowd in the coliseum to make more noise.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
I do very well except living here in southern cal, I know that cowboys fans will outnumber LA fans, so there will be no home field advantage for the game. Anyone in southern cal will tell you the same thing. Goff when they played packers here had to use the silent count with Rodgers imploring the crowd in the coliseum to make more noise.
It doesn't matter who will outnumber Rams fans. Rams fans are outnumbered or at a 60/40 split at best most weeks anyway. They are still 7-1 at home. They still have a homefield advantage.

Home field advantage is not just about the crowd. It's about not having to travel. It's about getting a week off, in the case of the Rams, to get ready for this game. It's about routine and being in your own facilities. It's about comfort with your own field.

OP
OP
Reaction score

Yes, and besides a saints fan, as an Arizona cardinals fan, I can tell you how awful we are as well as the 49ers, so each year, rams as well as Seattle have four easy wins in the year already. That kind of inflates their wins and losses percentage.

Reaction score
If you don't think the Rams are a dangerous team then i don't know what to tell you. That have a young sprout competitive coach who is not just going to give up. We lead what 35-17 in the first game then they caught back up in no time, that is the wrong team to under estimate. I could see us turning the ball over twice and still beating dallas by 10. Who cares if they haven't look the same the last few games. You can technically say that about us.

Sidenote: i do agree that this wont really be a road game for dallas, I mean they even train out there in the off season.

OP
OP
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who will outnumber Rams fans. Rams fans are outnumbered or at a 60/40 split at best most weeks. They are still 7-1 at home. They still have a homefield advantage.

Home field advantage is not just about the crowd. It's about not having to travel. It's about getting a week off, in the case of the Rams, to get ready for this game. It's about routine and being in your own facilities. It's about comfort with your own field.
Right, but look who they beat there and ask yourself, is this team nearly the same as they were when they started 8-0? And the answer is not at all. I wasn’t surprised when the eagles went in there and totally dominated them as well as Chicago did.

OP
OP
Reaction score
If you don't think the Rams are a dangerous team then i don't know what to tell you. That have a young sprout competitive coach who is not just going to give up. We lead what 35-17 in the first game then they caught back up in no time, that is the wrong team to under estimate. I could see us turning the ball over twice and still beating dallas by. Who cares if they haven't look the same the last few games. You can technically say that about us.

Sidenote: i do agree that this wont really be a road game for dallas, I mean they even train out there in the off season.
I just look at facts. I wrote a thread saying why we don’t need to fear the eagles. Why? Because we beat them badly, very badly. The rams played us close and in the end we still beat them and beat them by ten. Against Dallas, yes, it was on the road but we lost that game and how we lost it didn’t exactly make me feel confident in a rematch compared to any other nfc team. The only game we lost when it counted was to them, we still beat the panthers, Tampa bay and Steelers (week 17 was a meaningless game) after that game. So it has been totally different than the rams last five games who got thrashed both by eagles and Chicago in consecutive weeks and only won their last two since again they got to play cardinals and 49ers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)