Saints fans, root hard for the rams to win

Ratings
Sticky Post
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.

OP
OP
Ratings
If you don't think the Rams are a dangerous team then i don't know what to tell you. That have a young sprout competitive coach who is not just going to give up. We lead what 35-17 in the first game then they caught back up in no time, that is the wrong team to under estimate. I could see us turning the ball over twice and still beating dallas by 10. Who cares if they haven't look the same the last few games. You can technically say that about us.

Sidenote: i do agree that this wont really be a road game for dallas, I mean they even train out there in the off season.
I see where you’re going but our assumptions are different. I feel we won’t have a high scoring game against Dallas that it will be low scoring again so they don’t need to score 30 points to beat us. With the rams, that game with us will be high scoring for sure given their porous defense.

OP
OP
Ratings
It doesn't matter who will outnumber Rams fans. Rams fans are outnumbered or at a 60/40 split at best most weeks anyway. They are still 7-1 at home. They still have a homefield advantage.

Home field advantage is not just about the crowd. It's about not having to travel. It's about getting a week off, in the case of the Rams, to get ready for this game. It's about routine and being in your own facilities. It's about comfort with your own field.
It is, if you have to resort to the silent count in your own stadium. That is a real disadvantage.

OP
OP
Ratings
I can't find it in me to root for the Cowboys unless they're playing Atlanta, Carolina, SF, and in some cases Tampa ... or if we're in a fight to clinch a playoff birth and they could help us. Even though I didn't like the Rams back in the day, they haven't ticked me off nearly as much as the 9ers ... and being from Shreveport with a brother that loves the Cowboys, I can't with them.
Well, I am not saying to root for the cowboys but the complete opposite to root for the rams!

Clarkey

32 Years and Counting...
Ratings
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.
I might have read this had you inserted a few hard returns - please make friends with the paragraph key before posting again, okay? ;)

OP
OP
Ratings
Dallas??? they only won by 3 in THEIR HOUSE and we weren't mentally ready, I want to see dallas NEXT
I know we will beat the cowboys but I think it will be way closer and nail biting game than a rams vs saints matchup. How can you think a team that we beat by 10 is harder than a team we lost by 3 and how we lost it? Saying well one was at home and one was on the road is an easy out.

Ratings
I just look at facts. I wrote a thread saying why we don’t need to fear the eagles. Why? Because we beat them badly, very badly. The rams played us close and in the end we still beat them and beat them by ten. Against Dallas, yes, it was on the road but we lost that game and how we lost it didn’t exactly make me feel confident in a rematch compared to any other nfc team. The only game we lost when it counted was to them, we still beat the panthers, Tampa bay and Steelers (week 17 was a meaningless game) after that game. So it has been totally different than the rams last five games who got thrashed both by eagles and Chicago in consecutive weeks and only won their last two since again they got to play cardinals and 49ers.
I just think youre wrong on this one. Doesn't seem like you pay attention to actual matchups and what our weaknesses are. I think we are the most complete team but I don't know how you could pick a team with a coach that has a very predictable gameplay and a subpar offense, with a questionable road defense vs a very well coached dynamic team. And I do fear the eagles, not fear but respect, you are incredibly mistaken if you think this will be the same team that showed up in week 11.

OP
OP
Ratings
You really think the Cowboys are going to beat the Rams!??!? The Eagles have a better shot at beating the Saints.
Yeah I do unfortunately. If the rams actually would have a home field advantage then no, but I know the crowd will be pro cowboys and Cali is like cowboys second home, training facility there etc.

OP
OP
Ratings
I just think youre wrong on this one. Doesn't seem like you pay attention to actual matchups and what our weaknesses are. I think we are the most complete team but I don't know how you could pick a team with a coach that has a very predictable gameplay and a subpar offense, with a questionable road defense vs a very well coached dynamic team. And I do fear the eagles, not fear but respect, you are incredibly mistaken if you think this will be the same team that showed up in week 11.
It’s easy. If you look at the game tape it’s all about matchups but you have it mixed up. Eagles can’t match with us at all and why we won by 41! Cowboys on the other hand is a matchup nightmare. We played garbage in that game but a big part was because of their pressure and defense, front four, speedy linebackers taking kamara and Ingram our of the game. Byron Jones taking Mt one on one. You do realize the eagles secondary consists of rookies and third stringers don’t you?

OP
OP
Ratings
You keep bringing up their road win and loss percentage and I agree, but this game won’t be at all a road game for them. Watch the rams vs philly game or the rams vs packers fan. And you will see Rodgers imploring the people at the coliseum to make tons of noise when the rams have the ball. Sounds crazy but true.

OP
OP
Ratings
I personally cannot wait to see the Cowboys again if they somehow manage to squeak through.

Michael Thomas on Cowboys and going forward:

Well that is why I wrote the post, the cowboys are way more physical than the rams which in turn can mean us being bruised up even more for the sb and also that to me, the rams game will be much easier for us to win.

Ratings
It’s easy. If you look at the game tape it’s all about matchups but you have it mixed up. Eagles can’t match with us at all and why we won by 41! Cowboys on the other hand is a matchup nightmare. We played garbage in that game but a big part was because of their pressure and defense, front four, speedy linebackers taking kamara and Ingram our of the game. Byron Jones taking Mt one on one. You do realize the eagles secondary consists of rookies and third stringers don’t you?
Well that's where we differ then. I'm looking at how our DEFENSE matches up with other offenses not the other around. Traditionally it has been our DEFENSE that has let us down the playoffs in the most heartbreaking ways. I have no doubt Brees could have a field day with the eagles secondary but i also respect Foles and how he could possibly eat our secondary. I don't want it to be a shoot out, i want our DEFENSE to punch them in the mouth, cause turnovers while our offense steadily racks up the points.

Also in regards to dallas, our O-line will be healthier, we have Ginn back and its domefield. I just dont know how you dont see the benefits of this. After all i mentioned in the first post, yet we only lost by 3... freakin... points

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
I almost never pull for the Rams to win, considering the Saints' old rivalry with them when they were in the NFC West together. If the Saints are playing in the NFC championship game, I really don't care who the opponent is.
I despised Mike Martz almost as much as I despise Scam Newton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.