Saints fans, root hard for the rams to win (1 Viewer)

Ratings
Sticky Post
I always maintained that the hardest road for the Saints would be playing dallas and then having to play Chicago and that the easiest road would be playing eagles then the rams in the championship game. Even though we would beat Chicago and Dallas, we may be bruised and battered coming out of those games given the physicality of those two teams that we may lose in the super bowl to an inferior team, and yes, all the afc teams are inferior to us. NFL network last night showed the Rams and Saints game and I was taken aback how different and better the Rams played back then compared to how they have looked in their last five games or so. I will be rooting hard for the Rams but I will be shocked if they win so I am keeping my fingers crossed. We would dominate the Rams in a rematch and win by at least a few tds since when we played them before at their very best, we still beat them by 10. The last five games, Goff has looked atrocious with five tds with five ints with a bunch of lost fumbles, ranked 27th among all qbs in the last five games. They got destroyed by both the Eagles and Chicago and Gurley had 28 yards rushing against Chicago and like 48 against the Eagles. The loss of Cooper really has hurt the Rams and against good defenses, Goth becomes a terrible qb and seems to really panick when under pressure. Also, they won't have a homefield advantage. At the best, it is a 50/50 crowd, but most likely 60/40 or 70/30 for Dallas as like when they played Green Bay. The only thing that prevented the rams from going 0-5 their last five games was that their last two were against the two worst teams in football, cardinals and 49ers. My heart says the Rams will win but my mind says rationally Dallas will win and I have no idea how they will stop zeke given their porous rush defense, but we can only hope. I know we all want the revenge match game against the Cowgirls, but our focus should be solely the easiest road to the SB, and that is clearly playing the Rams. No finesse team is going to come into the Dome and hang with us.

OP
OP
Ratings
Well that's where we differ then. I'm looking at how our DEFENSE matches up with other offenses not the other around. Traditionally it has been our DEFENSE that has let us down the playoffs in the most heartbreaking ways. I have no doubt Brees could have a field day with the eagles secondary but i also respect Foles and how he could possibly eat our secondary. I don't want it to be a shoot out, i want our DEFENSE to punch them in the mouth, cause turnovers while our offense steadily racks up the points.

Also in regards to dallas, our O-line will be healthier, we have Ginn back and its domefield. I just dont know how you dont see the benefits of this. After all i mentioned in the first post, yet we only lost by 3... freakin... points
It’s simple with the eagles. They won’t be able to run on us. Foles is not a running back. They weren’t able to run on us the first time around either. The only difference is they have foles rather than wentz and a beat up sproles. Foles will score more points than wentz but they will be totally one dimensional trying to air it out every down especially when they get behind since their running game will go no where. In terms of the cowboys game, yeah I am praying our offensive line gets healthy and we have a totally different gameplan to somehow free up MT but what worries me is not that we lost but how we lost it which was in the trenches and that carries over whether playing at home or on the road.

OP
OP
Ratings
It’s simple with the eagles. They won’t be able to run on us. Foles is not a running back. They weren’t able to run on us the first time around either. The only difference is they have foles rather than wentz and a beat up sproles. Foles will score more points than wentz but they will be totally one dimensional trying to air it out every down especially when they get behind since their running game will go no where. In terms of the cowboys game, yeah I am praying our offensive line gets healthy and we have a totally different gameplan to somehow free up MT but what worries me is not that we lost but how we lost it which was in the trenches and that carries over whether playing at home or on the road.
The fact we lost by only 3 is irrelevant to me. I dislike the cowboys but it was classy at the end to kneel down rather than shove another 7 points in our face. So my point is that game could easily have been a ten point difference if they chose to run it in rather than kneeling.

Ratings
Lol, they don't really run on anyone, thats not really their game. Which is exactly my point, their game plays to our weakness not our strength. Pittsburgh didnt run on us either, look how they almost won that game. Feel like i should drop the mic on that one.

Ratings
The fact we lost by only 3 is irrelevant to me. I dislike the cowboys but it was classy at the end to kneel down rather than shove another 7 points in our face. So my point is that game could easily have been a ten point difference if they chose to run it in rather than kneeling.
Yeah, and we could have easily won the game if not for that blatant miss call on Kamara.

OP
OP
Ratings
So what bothered me the most about that game is not that we had a bad game and things were off or the officiating but what caused Brees the goat in my opinion to have the worst game stat wise in his entire career even going back to his early days at San Diego. That is why I don’t want to face them again if you want to know the truth.

OP
OP
Ratings
Lol, they don't really run on anyone, thats not really their game. Which is exactly my point, their game plays to our weakness not our strength. Pittsburgh didnt run on us either, look how they almost won that game. Feel like i should drop the mic on that one.
Foles is not Big Ben or Marino. I feel like too many people have bought into the foles hype. I suggest checking out my thread called what’s up with the fear of playing the eagles and you will see a lot of good stuff from objective saints fans dispelling the myth on foles.

OP
OP
Ratings
Foles is not Big Ben or Marino. I feel like too many people have bought into the foles hype. I suggest checking out my thread called what’s up with the fear of playing the eagles and you will see a lot of good stuff from objective saints fans dispelling the myth on foles.
You mean they can’t run hardly on anyone :). No team without a super elite qb can be one dimensional successfully by throwing it on every down and even that is hard to do with a super elite qb. If the eagles didn’t luck out and got to play a third string qb with Washington twice in their last games who last played in the league in 2012, they wouldn’t have even gotten close to playoff talk/chase at all.

Ratings
So what bothered me the most about that game is not that we had a bad game and things were off or the officiating but what caused Brees the goat in my opinion to have the worst game stat wise in his entire career even going back to his early days at San Diego. That is why I don’t want to face them again if you want to know the truth.
Well thats all the more reason i want them again. Because that simply won't happen twice. We are talking about Brees here C'mon. How can you seriously fear Dallas but yet not respect Foles.

OP
OP
Ratings
Yeah, and we could have easily won the game if not for that blatant miss call on Kamara.
We didn’t lose the game on officiating. Our only td resulted by having them call tons of penalties on the cowboys some not justified like not calling the push off and help from our friend gregory. So to answer the other posters questions why I would us play rams than the cowboys? Very simple, Brees played great in the rams game and we won it. With the Dallas game, Brees had his worst game ever in his entire career and we lost it. Which team would you rather Brees face again? I think it is a no brainer.

OP
OP
Ratings
Well thats all the more reason i want them again. Because that simply won't happen twice. We are talking about Brees here C'mon. How can you seriously fear Dallas but yet not respect Foles.
I respect foles but I am saying he is not God, a saint nor dan Marino or joe Montana. It is a team sport and the other players since foles doesn’t play defense are the exact same defense we will face besides them adding Jernigan.

Ratings
We didn’t lose the game on officiating. Our only td resulted by having them call tons of penalties on the cowboys some not justified like not calling the push off and help from our friend gregory. So to answer the other posters questions why I would us play rams than the cowboys? Very simple, Brees played great in the rams game and we won it. With the Dallas game, Brees had his worst game ever in his entire career and we lost it. Which team would you rather Brees face again? I think it is a no brainer.
Just no... but don't worry ill come and find you when these games are over with

OP
OP
Ratings
Just no... but don't worry ill come and find you when these games are over with
I agree, Brees will play better second time around but my whole and only point is playing easier teams for the saints. And clearly a team we beat and Brees had all day to throw (eagles and rams) is way better than a much more physical team that matches up way better against us that caused Brees to have his worst game of his entire great career. You guys want revenge. I don’t care about revenge. I care about us lifting the trophy.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
It’s easy. If you look at the game tape it’s all about matchups but you have it mixed up. Eagles can’t match with us at all and why we won by 41! Cowboys on the other hand is a matchup nightmare. We played garbage in that game but a big part was because of their pressure and defense, front four, speedy linebackers taking kamara and Ingram our of the game. Byron Jones taking Mt one on one. You do realize the eagles secondary consists of rookies and third stringers don’t you?
Add Ginn and Armstead and we beat the Cowboys. That’s the reason they were a matchup nightmare. We had no second WR for the secondary to be afraid of and the edge rushers had a field day against Bushrod.

I guarantee if those two are in the game, then we at least score 17pts and that would’ve gotten us the win.

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
I respect foles but I am saying he is not God, a saint nor dan Marino or joe Montana. It is a team sport and the other players since foles doesn’t play defense are the exact same defense we will face besides them adding Jernigan.
Who says that? Who are you talking to when you say Foles is not a God? Who said that he was?

OP
OP
Ratings
Also, the foles led team last year was way better than the foles led team this year. Last year they had a potent running game and a good secondary. So it is not all about foles as some people think it is. Even so, our team this year would have beaten the foles led team last year by at least seven points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)