SAINTS FANS (1 Viewer)

I've been a season ticket holder for about 20 years now and have never heard the majority of the noise for the other team.
I’ve seen a few people on here claim that there’s been a few games where the opposing teams fans have taken over the dome so just going off their claims, maybe it isn’t true.

I’ve seen a few people on here claim that there’s been a few games where the opposing teams fans have taken over the dome so just going off their claims, maybe it isn’t true.
I've watched every single game since 2006, been to a handful since 2011 and not once have I noticed the dome even close to taken over by opposing fans. Maybe back during the baghead Aint's era it happened, but absolutely not during the Payton-Brees era.

The closest I've ever seen while being in the dome was the Bears game last year and that wasn't even remotely close.

I noticed a ton of Pittsburgh fans in the stands this year but even in that game, at the end, Pittsburgh was clearly having trouble hearing a thing.

True, but speaking about the Steelers’ fans in my section, (and I was heavily surrounded and outnumbered by them in my section!), they were not football savvy enough to know not to make noise when they had the ball. The ones around me were simply adding to our cacophony and making it even louder for their offense! It was priceless to see such uninformed fans.

True, but speaking about the Steelers’ fans in my section, (and I was heavily surrounded and outnumbered by them in my section!), they were not football savvy enough to know not to make noise when they had the ball. The ones around me were simply adding to our cacophony and making it even louder for their offense! It was priceless to see such uninformed fans.
lol, I honestly noticed the same thing on TV. But even then, the total ratio appeared to be about 70-30... which is very unusual for the dome.

Those few people are being overly-dramatic and looking for attention or were really drunk and have a fuzzy recollection. Unless they're talking about a game from pre-2006. I haven't been to a single game since Drew and Payton came on the scene that had anything close to an equal split of home and away fans. Matter of fact, I've never seen the Dome with anything more than maybe 20% of the Dome filled with opposing fans and that was the Halloween game against the Steelers back in (I think) 2010.

The one thing that makes playing in the Dome so awesome is the noise but if we all sell our tickets guess what the noise advantage is gone. I've seen so many games that it seems there are more fans for the other team there then SAINTS FANS!!!!!!! So lets hang on to our tickets and go and make as much NOISE as we can!!!!!!!!
No, you haven't. Your assertion is hyperbolic at best and delusional at worst. Ludicrous.

lol, I honestly noticed the same thing on TV. But even then, the total ratio appeared to be about 70-30... which is very unusual for the dome.

I've figured that it has to be that Steelers fans are so plentiful nationwide that a number of the Steelers fans that show up at the dome aren't coming from Pittsburgh. I wasn't able to make it to that game this year, but when we played them in that Halloween game in 2010 or 2011, the ones I talked to in my section were all from either Texas, Northern Louisiana or somewhere on the Gulf Coast. I'm sure there are a good number of Steelers fans from Pittsburgh that travel well too, but not enough to put as many fans in the seats as they've done here in the past.

I think it will be 90/10 this weekend in terms of Eagles-Saints fans.

Last edited:
The one thing that makes playing in the Dome so awesome is the noise but if we all sell our tickets guess what the noise advantage is gone. I've seen so many games that it seems there are more fans for the other team there then SAINTS FANS!!!!!!! So lets hang on to our tickets and go and make as much NOISE as we can!!!!!!!!
What games are you referring to? I've been to at least two games in the Dome every season since 2006, and have never seen what I would estimate to be even 15% of the Dome seats filled with visiting fans.

You're saying that you actually saw games in the Dome where you looked around and would have reasonably estimated that there were at least 35,000 visiting fans present?

Please list those games.

Just was saying it would be nice if all our season ticket holders would be there to make noise for our SAINTS that's all.

I think it will be 50/50 this weekend in terms of Eagles-Saints fans. They have a large fan base. The solution is to start revoking STH's who sell 3 or more games per year. Denver did it. They have a waitlist of 80 k plus. Saints have a waitlist of 50 k plus. We can do it too.

are you a season ticket holder?

have been for 14 years. I drive from Lake Charles every home game. But the seats on the side of me and in front of me have different people every game.

I've figured that it has to be that Steelers fans are so plentiful nationwide that a number of the Steelers fans that show up at the dome aren't coming from Pittsburgh. I wasn't able to make it to that game this year, but when we played them in that Halloween game in 2010 or 2011, the ones I talked to in my section were all from either Texas, Northern Louisiana or somewhere on the Gulf Coast. I'm sure there are a good number of Steelers fans from Pittsburgh that travel well too, but not enough to put as many fans in the seats as they've done here in the past.
I have a few local friends who are both Saints and Steelers fans. They may be putting on Steeler jerseys but just as content if the Saints win.

I think it will be 50/50 this weekend in terms of Eagles-Saints fans. They have a large fan base. The solution is to start revoking STH's who sell 3 or more games per year. Denver did it. They have a waitlist of 80 k plus. Saints have a waitlist of 50 k plus. We can do it too.
50/50? Seriously? Uh, no way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom