Saints feel they 'got the right guy' in Malcolm Roach (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1596232112172.png

“All my life I’ve dreamed about playing for the Saints,” Roach said. “The way the draft went, it didn’t work out in my favor, but I feel like God has a bigger plan for me.
I’m thankful for everything that’s happened, and I’m ready to go out there and prove to people what I can do. I’m ready to go in and make an impact with the Saints and try my hardest to make the roster there.” - Malcolm Roach

:9: I am an immediate fan and will be pulling for the guy!

-Andrus

I watched his interview that was posted in another thread yesterday...dude looks motivated and incredibly football smart and ready to get after it. I just couldn't believe he said he has never been to an NFL game before.

I really don’t know much about him or his skill level, but anytime you can get a steal and a value at DT you take it and run.

Rankins is coming the end of his contract, and Brown doesn’t really feel long term. If Roach hits UDFA Gem status, it’s nothing but lagniappe

I hope he does great. I think it'll be harder for all these young guys this year with no typical training camp and preseason. With an already pretty stacked DT group and lots of competition, he'll need to impress whenever his number is called. I know that sounds cliche, but it will be even more important in a year like this. Good luck to him!

If so we would have 6 legit DTs. Rankins, Onyemata, Brown, Tuttle, Stallworth and Roach. Can’t keep them all but that is a great problem to have. I think they will stash him for a season and reevaluate in 2021

I forgot about Tuttle! Roach is in direct competition with Tuttle... and Tuttle made one of my favorite Saints plays of all time! Sorry, Tuttle stays! Save the Roach though!

Unpopular opinion but I think rankins gets cut if roach shows something. 2 Achilles tears is most likely career ending

Unpopular? Maybe....but I'm not sure it is unrealistic. Achilles are one of the worst injuries in respect to healing properly, reoccurring, and recovery....he is only 26 but if he has another one in the next season or two I fear it would be the end of his career.

I hope he can stay healthy, when he is, he can be a dominant player....

I forgot about Tuttle! Roach is in direct competition with Tuttle... and Tuttle made one of my favorite Saints plays of all time! Sorry, Tuttle stays! Save the Roach though!

He could replace Stallworth. Remember Tuttle took Stallworth's spot last season and Stallworth went to the PS until Rankins was injured and then came back to the 53. If Roach shows out in training camp he could relegate Stallworth back to the PS. Stallworth is pretty good himself and Payton could stash him on the IR.

Good luck to the young man, it's going to be really tough making the team.

the flip side to this is that it should be easier to slip UDFAs on to the Practice Squad. If they didn't get drafted and there is no preseason to change someones mind about him then we should be able to slip him on barring some team getting decimated at the position. And thats good because with the depth that is where he likely projects.

Is the practice squad where the proposed changes to allow for covid illness are supposed to happen? Or is that strictly for enlarging active roster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom